No announcement yet.

Chevy battery draining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: The dealer has had it since Monday afternoon. Tuesday afternoon they said they needed it for another day because he said he thought it had a draw on it? I think that means something drawing the battery down after it is off, but I am not sure. Yesterday they were still unsure. I hope to get it today. It better be more than a battery and it better be covered by the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      Update: The dealer has had it since Monday afternoon. Tuesday afternoon they said they needed it for another day because he said he thought it had a draw on it? I think that means something drawing the battery down after it is off, but I am not sure. Yesterday they were still unsure. I hope to get it today. It better be more than a battery and it better be covered by the warranty.
      Do you have any aftermarket electronics on the truck? We had a jeep that my boys had put an amp in and it turned out to be a constant draw, all good once they took it out.

Comment

Yes, I described the process on how to check for that in an above post. It sounds like they are having trouble narrowing down the cause if they have had the truck so long.

Comment

Update. You guys are all wrong. It was the battery they said. I have no idea why it took so long to figure this out. I hope they didn't just say that because they were having trouble figuring it out.

As always I should have just come here first.

I won't be able to let my truck sit until the end of next week so hopefully next weekend I might have an idea if it really fixed it.

Thanks for all the advice

Comment

Update. You guys are all wrong. It was the battery they said. I have no idea why it took so long to figure this out. I hope they didn't just say that because they were having trouble figuring it out.

As always I should have just come here first.

I won't be able to let my truck sit until the end of next week so hopefully next weekend I might have an idea if it really fixed it.

Thanks for all the advice
            I bet it was a short in the tailgate heater and they didn't tell you.

Comment

Working...
            X