• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric is a great dude and a great guide.

Comment

Will be following for pics. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck! Looking forward to the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip! Good luck!

Comment

Chased them down there last summer, was still and very hot. Had us wading in knee deep puff mud. Was a workout but we ended up finding a few back in some mangroves.

Comment

Good luck, in for the pics!

Comment

Good luck and tight lines.

Comment

Good luck and keep us posted. This time of year will find y'all working a lot of the deeper sections around the turning basin area. Darn cold front that just blasted in has the water around 61 degrees. Sun warm up will be interesting but one solid deal is, they will be more concentrated as they are in winter time due to the water temps.

Arroyo Colorado and the Port Isabel & Port Mansfield jetties have an excellent snook population. Shorter drive for me versus Port Isabel.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-10-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Well that was about as solid of a thrashing as I’ve ever had put on me by a species of fish. We started off the morning blind casting to a drainage mouth. No snook but quite the impressive lady fish display. We ended up catching 3 ladies before we moved on.

Spot 2 found us casting tight to the bank in a channel and stripping off into deeper water. We found a school of 3-6lb fish and I put one right on an outside fishes nose....... nothing. Cast again right in the middle of the school, let it drop, strip strip....... nothing

This was the story all day long no matter what fly we used or what depth of water we found them in. We had two follows and one missed eat. We put eyes on 300-400 fish with the largest being in the 9lb range. They ignored everything I threw at them all day long. I think I ended up with 8 ladyfish and a GIANT 12” long pin perch. I’ve never been so frustrated chasing a fish that I was getting good shots at. They were schooled up thick and dang did they look like a cool fish.

Comment

By the way, my hands are shredded from stripping line all **** day. And my arms are gonna he sore from casting at SNOBS a thousand times. I swear I laid and stripped flies on their nose!!!!! I hate these fish so much right now, and I can’t wait to chase them again.

Comment

Thanks for the report, sorry ya didn’t hook up with any. Still gets the blood flowing good though doesn’t it? Have had some days like that on bonefish in the Bahamas, frustrating as all get out but still a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          Would you mind explaining to me why they are your favorite? Fishing the flats to me and sight casting at redfish is about as much fun to me as you can have with your clothes on. I just don’t know what I’m in for I guess having never targeted them.
                          When one eats your fly on or near the surface, you will understand. That sound is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            When one eats your fly on or near the surface, you will understand. That sound is incredible.

I get it, the one missed eat I had today was just under the surface. About a 4lb fish with rocket boosters on and exploded out of the water. One of the most violent eats I’ve witnessed.

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
                              Thanks for the report, sorry ya didn’t hook up with any. Still gets the blood flowing good though doesn’t it? Have had some days like that on bonefish in the Bahamas, frustrating as all get out but still a lot of fun!

I would have loved to have caught one, but I had a great time. I had no idea these fish were down here in such numbers. Frustrating for sure, but man was it fun trying

Comment

What did ya think of the Chittum Skiff?

Comment

Working...
                                X