Christmas Lights Revelation !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Guys are on my roof right now. Paid to have it done once and I will NEVER do it myself again. The day I can't afford to pay someone else to do it, is the day that we no longer have Christmas lights.

I learned at a young age Christmas lights are the devil and I don’t even want to pay anyone to have to do it.

I hope you win the neighborhood contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of people that probably aren't fun at the Christmas party in here.

Comment

I put ours up last Sunday... outlined the roof of our 2300 SF home... I now know why people pay to get them put up, I was on the roof spread eagle hanging off roof for about 3.5 hrs.

Comment

Guys are on my roof right now. Paid to have it done once and I will NEVER do it myself again. The day I can't afford to pay someone else to do it, is the day that we no longer have Christmas lights.

Yep.

Worth
          Every
          Cent
          Paid.

I can get in the same Christmas spirit (probably even better now that someone else deals with that crap).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I love putting them up

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Yep.

Worth
              Every
              Cent
              Paid.

I can get in the same Christmas spirit (probably even better now that someone else deals with that crap).
              This is the truth - I'm much happier having not gone through that!

Comment

I used to help dad every year when I was a kid, we did it big. Lights along the front fence, up and down all the gables on front and ends of the house, lights along all the ridges, framed all windows on the front of the house in lights, lights wrapping all the shrubs. It was fun!

He quit doing it when I moved out, and gave me all of the lights. I then took everyone of those lights we used on his house that's probably 2300sq ft, and 70' across the front....and put every one of them on the house I was renting that was about 45' across the front. It was very Griswoldian, screwed up traffic on our street, and ran our electric bill up quite a bit. I met a lot of folks just setting in the driveway drinking beer...even a few girls.

I won.

I have largely avoided it with our house, but my wife sicked my son on me this year because she loves to make me spend money, and do stuff other than watch football on Sundays. I finally broke down and bought some LED lights and spent about 4hrs total doing the front of the house and around the flower beds, with some light up figures, and some projectors. I don't regret it.

It's A LOT easier now with specialty products and eave plugs than it was back in the day.

Comment

I paid to have it done also this year, it was $400 for installation, take down and lights that are now mine. The lights were made for my house and will be half the price next year if I hire them. My house is 3200 sqft 1 story but has a steep roof. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but it's my wife and my Christmas present to each other.

Comment

Christmas Lights Revelation !

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I learned at a young age Christmas lights are the devil and I don’t even want to pay anyone to have to do it.

I hope you win the neighborhood contest.

You didn’t live here when I hung a reindeer up in a tree and used red lights as a gutpile on the ground....it was awesome!!!

May do it again.

Last edited by curtintex; 12-04-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

You didn’t live here when I hung a reindeer up in a tree and used red lights as a gutpile on the ground....it was awesome!!!

May do it again.
                      Now that seems like time well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Now that seems like time well spent.

The pic is on TBH somewhere, I think.

Comment

post up the contact man or PM every single one of us please! lol. I just did mine and I thought I was literally going to kill myself. I got a cut up roof and all kinds of crazy pitches. I'll be glad to pay someone to do this next year. It looks good but the Pro guys do a badarse job!

Comment

The Ace Hardware by me has big spools of Christmas light cable ready for C9 bulbs and cut to length. I got all the measurements of my house and did custom length lights a few years ago. It was a pain the first year popping on all those dang clips and screwing in all the light bulbs but it has been a breeze ever since. I store the lights with the clips still on so they go right back up easily the next year. Obamaself it takes me about 1.5 hours from the time I open the attic till the time I close the attic.

Comment

The pic is on TBH somewhere, I think.

Comment

That's amazing! - That is something I should be spending my time doing!

Comment

Working...
                                X