Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this is slot of fun. In regards to Shep, who knows where he signs. He seems more interested in himself than anything else. He could sign somewhere and easily be looking JUCO one year later. His maturity level can be called into question.

It is funny how Horn fans now say he is a grade risk and a flake and how they are better off moving on. None of this was said until it was reported he won’t sign today with Texas and a visit has been arranged at TAMU. Lol. Seems like if Herman and staff felt the same way they would have found another OL or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      Man this is slot of fun. In regards to Shep, who knows where he signs. He seems more interested in himself than anything else. He could sign somewhere and easily be looking JUCO one year later. His maturity level can be called into question.

It is funny how Horn fans now say he is a grade risk and a flake and how they are better off moving on. None of this was said until it was reported he won’t sign today with Texas and a visit has been arranged at TAMU. Lol. Seems like if Herman and staff felt the same way they would have found another OL or two.

They were working on that. It hasn't panned out. Shep has had things to work on for sometime and was never in consideration for EE. He may end up JUCO, period. He was never set to sign early.

Cain is a big miss in the bonus round. They'll go after Glass now.

Edit: there is now some smoke that Shep signs with a team today.
      Last edited by Chad C; 12-19-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Great great sign!

Stingley signed also. #1 CB.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          5 * QB Fields leaving Georgia and all signs point to theOSU Buckeyes....

Martell probably wishing he would have stuck with ATM
          Fields will have to sit out '19. I guess Martel will have an opportunity to prove his value?
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Shep has been considered a flake this whole time. For example, he no showed A&M like 5 times after saying he was visiting. He no showed at Texas a 1 or 2 times too. If you have followed his recruitment, there is no absolute in it. Even the $9.95s (who love drama) are tired of his circus of his recruitment. If he signs with A&M, he would have done so with no official visit to A&M which happens, but its rare. Texas has known for weeks they had one guy who was not going to sign and that was Shep. The narrative of grades does fit since those are questions that have been out there and the new rules regarding non-qualifiers. While my heart says, yes I hope he signs; my gut ask if he will be worth the trouble in the end. I am always going to lean on signing big guys though.

Texas has been working on other OL guys including bringing in Coker (who stuck with TCU) and Hookfin (down to Baylor / Texas, leaning Baylor) this past weekend. I think even with Shep in the fold, they would still like to go find a grad transfer or transfer on the Oline. Its not in terrible shape, but you need to make sure you are getting 3-4 guys per year in every class.

If you have some time, go read the article in the Athletic about recruiting the Oline. It gives great perspective into how its done. It is truly the one spot, the stars don't matter. With that being said, 5 Star type guys like Johnson at Texas and Green at A&M are absolute takes for any program.

Comment

IF the Ags land hunter this afternoon, which signs look good... they will have 1 scholarship available If/when Mowry and Ellison pass their last classes and sign in Feb...

Sopsher, Devonta Lee, Marcus Banks, Shepherd, and even a CB from Georgia will be their targets for that 1 spot.

I think it goes to Marcus Banks, and they try like hell for Lee. Sopsher is a pipe dream he's LSU/Bama, and Shepherd may find himself without a spot (IF he even wanted to sign with the ags). When Ugwoebu left his official visit and didn't commit, that left the final spot open if hunter signs today.

26 is the number we can sign. 23 today, 2 in Feb already committed, 1 open

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Fields will have to sit out '19. I guess Martel will have an opportunity to prove his value?
                Georgia flipped tOSU QB today too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Stingley signed also. #1 CB.

Stackin em like firewood!!! [emoji123][emoji2533][emoji123][emoji2533]

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    IF the Ags land hunter this afternoon, which signs look good... they will have 1 scholarship available If/when Mowry and Ellison pass their last classes and sign in Feb...

Sopsher, Devonta Lee, Marcus Banks, Shepherd, and even a CB from Georgia will be their targets for that 1 spot.

I think it goes to Marcus Banks, and they try like hell for Lee. Sopsher is a pipe dream he's LSU/Bama, and Shepherd may find himself without a spot (IF he even wanted to sign with the ags). When Ugwoebu left his official visit and didn't commit, that left the final spot open if hunter signs today.

26 is the number we can sign. 23 today, 2 in Feb already committed, 1 open

Nahlin seems to think Shep signs with the Ags, today. They’ll find room, they always do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Nahlin seems to think Shep signs with the Ags, today. They’ll find room, they always do.

It's not about the current roster, it's you can only sign 25 and count so many back. Ags can only count 1 back this round, and sign 25.

Better start handing out gray shirts or something. With 22 signed (waiting on 23rd) there isn't much room to work.

Fisher just did an interview and said "We will sign 23 today, and have 3 left for February (Mowry, Ellison, 1 open spot)

Comment

Shep reminds me of Jordan Elliot and Du’vonta Lampkin.

Landed one and he transferred to Mizzou, the other couldn’t Qualify and ended up at OU.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Stackin em like firewood!!! [emoji123][emoji2533][emoji123][emoji2533]

We comin’ baw!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                            I think the best move that the Aggies ever made was joining the SEC. I don't think that they could recruit as well across the nation if they were still in the Big 12. Looks like that Jimbo is putting together a strong class that meets their needs. Time will tell.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Agreed! It’s not just the SEC though. We got a staff (with skins on the wall) that can flat out recruit. I too remember the days when we used to have to recruit against the likes of Baylor and Tech. That’s when you know you’ve already lost the battle with the big boys.

Comment

Agreed! It’s not just the SEC though. We got a staff (with skins on the wall) that can flat out recruit. I too remember the days when we used to have to recruit against the likes of Baylor and Tech. That’s when you know you’ve already lost the battle with the big boys.

Lol. You haven’t lost a battle if you’re signing top 10 classes in the country during your tenure. Although, you must out recruit your conference foes every year to stay afloat...

As for Shep. I know this much. Texas sent him an LOI so he could sign with Texas and the drama be over. I also know Texas was hoping to wait until February to have clarity on some stuff, but they probably can’t now.

Last edited by Chad C; 12-19-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                We comin’ baw!!!

Palmer too great start to the day [emoji106][emoji2532]

Comment

Working...
                                X