This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    tu gotta go our or stare. Jimbo locking up the in state talent. Top 15 Texas:

TAMU: 6
    OU: 3
    tu: 2
    GA: 1
    OSU: 1
    Etc.
    Boy you so silly.

Or Herman is a genius. He knew the new car smell would help the Aggies have a big year so he went out of state. Let's see what happens in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Boy you so silly.

Or Herman is a genius. He knew the new car smell would help the Aggies have a big year so he went out of state. Let's see what happens in the coming years.

New car smell will be 9 more years, at least.

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

Ha. See above. This year = Jimbo

Yep, Jimbo was the shiny new car (Herman Last year with the #3 class and 11-15 in state) and OU white hot coming off a playoff, then Bama, Ohio State, LSU presence in the State. Herman looked in state but also focused on California / Arizona. USC, UCLA, Zona, ASU all down with new coaches (except USC).

Herman can sell Big 12 Championship appearance and Sugar Bowl to 2020 kids in year two.
        Last edited by Heath; 12-06-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Herman can sell Big 12 Championship appearance and Sugar Bowl to 2020 kids in year two.
          He may never speak of the Sugar Bowl again if GA shows up mad.

Comment

The west coast fellows will fit right in with Austin and the big 12 style of physicality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He may never speak of the Sugar Bowl again if GA shows up mad.

Good thing recruits don’t have the same reaction fans do,

Comment

I’ve heard two narratives from TBH Horn.

1. Herman is not recruiting TX as he is giving way to a new car smell.

2. The talent is just not great in TX this year.

It can’t be both. which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                  The west coast fellows will fit right in with Austin and the big 12 style of physicality.

Yep, opportunity at some **** good players. Makes a lot of sense for them.

Comment

Both.

There’s a top tier level of kids in Texas and if you aren’t in on that kid, than go out of state to find the replacement vs taking the second tier kid in state.

Every year in the state is different for players. For example this is a terrible year for RB’s so Texas is going hard out of state. They probably have a kid from Georgia and FL as their two RBs. Next year in Texas is loaded at RB.
                    Last edited by Heath; 12-06-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Straight from the horse. You have a primary mold you’re looking for at each position. They evaluate and absolutely have a primary in state kid at nearly every position they’re looking at. Sometimes 2, but once it’s gets to the second or third evaluation they will go out of state to find that mold.

There isn’t anybody instate this year that fits the Smith or Floyd mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Chad C; 12-06-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Both.

There’s a top tier level of kids in Texas and if you aren’t in on that kid, than go out of state to find the replacement vs taking the second tier kid in state.

Every year in the state is different in the state. For example this is a terrible year for RB’s so Texas is going hard out of state. They probably have a kid from Georgia and FL as their two RBs. Next year in Texas is loaded at RB.

Recruiting is crazy nowadays.

The whole footwork king type organizations has to be a money grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          Straight from the horse. You have a primary mold you’re looking for at each position. They evaluate and absolutely have a primary in state kid at nearly every position they’re looking at. Sometimes 2, but once it’s gets to the second or third evaluation they will go out of state to find that mold.

There isn’t anybody instate this year that fits the Smith or Floyd mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get it. A&M looks to the south east a lot. It looks like they are trying hard to fill a quality LB void out of state.

Comment

Recruiting is crazy nowadays.

The whole footwork king type organizations has to be a money grab.

It’s a wide open game. With social media, HUDL, recruiting sites, trainers, etc the game has changed. I was in a coaching office this week and just while I was there every Power 5 conference had a coach in there not to mention D2, D3, NAIA, Juco from all over the country. There’s a big bullseye on Texas.

During the Big 12 Championship they talked about one of OU’s superstars fell in love with OU on YouTube before he even visited or talked to a coach.
                            Last edited by Heath; 12-06-2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I get it. A&M looks to the south east a lot. It looks like they are trying hard to fill a quality LB void out of state.

A&M is having to change how they recruit to the SEC way too. Good news for them is Jimbo knows how to do it.

Comment

I follow it still but don't invest hours a day trying to figure all the new stuff out. It's too crazy for us old folk. Lol. I rarely use my Twitter. Facebook and TBH **** near drives me crazy already.

IMHO Texas and A&M are gonna be good at the same time for the first time in my life. I would prefer TCU, Tech, Houston and Baylor be good as well. I couldn't care less about out of state teams regardless of the conference affiliation.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 12-06-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X