This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Pat Fitzgerald as well. He and Campbell seem like NFL guys to me. KK, not so much.......

Fitzgerald is one of my favorite coaches. He’s got a great Cush gig at Northwestern.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      Texas players get their reports back from NFL draft advisory committee

Colin Johnson - recommend to stay in school

Brandon Jones - "pleased" with his and will discuss with his family after sugar bowl

LJH - said focused on Sugar bowl, will discuss with family after. No need to go public until decision is made
      Question for the Longhorn guys, is Brandon Jones that good? He's had a ton of pub around him but I've never noticed him being a difference maker type in the limited time I've seen him play. Seems smallish? I know GP wanted him back in the day, but I never felt like his film was all that special.

Comment

ou has been close plenty of times.
        2003 bcs LSU
        2004 bcs USC
        2008 bcs UF
        2015 cfp clemson
        2017 cfp UGA
        2018 cfp BAMA

0 for 6 for those keeping track.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Fitzgerald is one of my favorite coaches. He’s got a great Cush gig at Northwestern.
          My FIL is an alum and Fitzgerald definitely has a GP type situation going on with the job security and all.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            Question for the Longhorn guys, is Brandon Jones that good? He's had a ton of pub around him but I've never noticed him being a difference maker type in the limited time I've seen him play. Seems smallish? I know GP wanted him back in the day, but I never felt like his film was all that special.

I think he’s good but will get burned / lost about 3-4 times a game. I don’t see him leaving.

Comment

I think he’s good but will get burned / lost about 3-4 times a game. I don’t see him leaving.
              Makes sense. I know out of HS I heard all of the Ronnie Lott comparisons and so forth. He's a good player, just making sure I wasn't missing something and he was a first round guy or something this go round.

Comment

Agree, unless he's feeling the heat from the young guns and thinks he's already made his best film.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                  It was pretty good. I guess the serenity now chant from earlier in the season has worn off.

How was the movie? That was a cute photo of your daughter and know you two had fun

Congrats! We had a blast and the movie was pretty good. Thank you for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Notre Dame by far was the team That didn’t belong in the playoffs.

Comment

Game day for the Ags! I expect a close one since the pass defense is so porous. Looking forward to another day of college football. We’re running out of them quickly.
                      Last edited by Chad_E; 12-31-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        Notre Dame by far was the team That didn’t belong in the playoffs.
                        Agree but current system makes it very difficult to put a 2 loss Georgia in over an undefeated nd.

Comment

ND didn't deserve to be the playoffs...abolish the CF committee. When you have the largest point spreads ever for a playoff games then something is wrong. theOSU would have been +7 against bama and Georgia would have been +3 against Clemson...
                          That tells you right there that OU + 14.5 and ND + 11 didn't belong.
                          Its a popularity contest now, just like the Heisman. Here we have another Heisman winner that has no chance at playing in the NFL.
                          And the Bama game was over in the first qtr, so yes Bama let up and changed their game plan. The game was never in doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                            Game day for the Ags! I expect a close one since the pass defense is so porous. Looking forward to another day of college football. We’re running out of them quickly.
                            Down Alaka and Wilson as well. Still expect a fiddy point blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              ND didn't deserve to be the playoffs...abolish the CF committee. When you have the largest point spreads ever for a playoff games then something is wrong. theOSU would have been +7 against bama and Georgia would have been +3 against Clemson...
                              That tells you right there that OU + 14.5 and ND + 11 didn't belong.
                              Its a popularity contest now, just like the Heisman. Here we have another Heisman winner that has no chance at playing in the NFL.
                              And the Bama game was over in the first qtr, so yes Bama let up and changed their game plan. The game was never in doubt
                              The Heisman is not an NFL award.

Comment

Right about not leaving out an undefeated Notre Dame team, but Georgia HAD their chance to beat Bama and didn't. Plus, LSU whooped them good. Notre Dame needs to be in a conference, where they have to play real teams and maybe even a conference championship game like others have to. Heck, they shouldn't have any trouble dominating the Big 10, if you can call that a conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X