This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Second part is very true except I’m headed to Mary Poppins with this little beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw it yesterday with the family. I enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Y’all are arguing for less football? I love the bowl games.

For the teams, half the teams will go out on a winning note to kick start the off season. They get 14 (I think) more practices in to get better. They get to spend a week in a new city with their teammates, coaches, staff, support staff, and their families. Bowl games are a nice way to wrap up the year for all the work put in. The more games you win in a season, the better bowl you get to go to. I loved the bowl games when I was at Texas.

I think teams should not play FCS schools so I’ll give you that.
      I'm not arguing for less football. I'm saying they should not play FCS teams. Or at least FCS wins don't count for bowl eligibility.

Comment

Good game so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          I'm not arguing for less football. I'm saying they should not play FCS teams. Or at least FCS wins don't count for bowl eligibility.

I agree with this.

I understand the economics of how the big schools help finance the smaller schools with these games but I wish they didn’t play them.

Comment

I give zero ****s, but when you have a QB who walks it in on a 2 point conversion to beat Texas and he decides to sit out in the bowl game, he ****ed his team over! There is no I in team! He was part of the unit that got them there. It’s BS. They’re screwing their team! Which weakens the sport.

Comment

Something is going on at WVU. I heard through some coaching contacts that Dana wants out bad. He tried like hell to get Tech and Colorado jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                Auburn 63, Purdue 14, similar to the way I expect Alerbama- Chokeloma and Georgia-Texass, but what do I know, Arkansas at 2-10 didn't sniff a bowl.
                See. Told y'all. Lol.

How long has it been.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Something is going on at WVU. I heard through some coaching contacts that Dana wants out bad. He tried like hell to get Tech and Colorado jobs.
                  Obviously, have you seen the statue they have back there? He makes Bernie Kosar look like Kyler Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    Obviously, have you seen the statue they have back there? He makes Bernie Kosar look like Kyler Murray.

I wasn’t talking about the game going on, just WVU in general.

I’m pumped if this is what they are rolling with next year.

Comment

I wasn’t talking about the game going on, just WVU in general.

I’m pumped if this is what they are rolling with next year.
                      If there was anyone else wouldn’t they be in there by now, especially with the new redshirt rules?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        If there was anyone else wouldn’t they be in there by now, especially with the new redshirt rules?

Well could be a grad transfer, could be a QB that is currently hurt and not available. I don’t know their QB room.

Comment

I give zero ****s, but when you have a QB who walks it in on a 2 point conversion to beat Texas and he decides to sit out in the bowl game, he ****ed his team over! There is no I in team! He was part of the unit that got them there. It’s BS. They’re screwing their team! Which weakens the sport.

Half the country is sitting out....?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Half the country is sitting out....?

It’s a crock with few still doing anything magical at the next level. Defines the me too movement.

Comment

It’s a crock with few still doing anything magical at the next level. Defines the me too movement.

Magical or not, its potentially a million dollar decision for him.

I don't necessarily disagree but the transfer rule is way worse than this IMO.

Kids are choosing not to play in bowl games because they are good enough to get a chance at the next level.
                              Kids are transferring because they are essentially not good enough to play at the school they chose or can't handle adversity.
                              Last edited by eradicator; 12-28-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I think they should make bowl eligible teams have winning records

7-5 or better. That will eliminate some of the pointless bowls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X