This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    I don’t doubt you, but if think OU fans would be treated better, you’re foolish.
    You have to remember, half of my family are Sooners. I know exactly how it works first hand. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Fan/fanaticism there’re good and bad in every base. It is what it is.

How about bowl game talking points:

“SEC teams only need to go 3-5 in conference to reach bowl games because they’re playing one G5 and two FCS every season, smart!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I somehow stayed in 4th in Mania. I had the U and BU.....and Temple.[emoji44]

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 12-28-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        I think it's gotten worse in the last 10-15 years. Before I didn't think it was too bad but then again I was younger, drank too much, got bulletproof so thought it was fun to be in that environment. It wasn't until later in the night that it got interesting. Probably had more girls talking crap to me than guys, but I was single and i used a little friendly crap talking as an opening to further conversation. Had some good and bad experiences but still here, never got arrested and have a couple of good experiences that I can remember...
        The 80s and 90s on Commerce was great times. Back then the OU fans got it from not just Texas fans but Dallasites and Texans in general. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
          Correct on all points Heath. Brewer was committed to SMU and Rhule and company (most likely Shawn Bell) flipped him to Baylor super late in process. 6 weeks or less before NSD. That was before the new NSD.

Now we all get to hear about it every time Texas and Baylor play about Brewer’s family history.
          I was expecting to hear the Brewer's family history last night.

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Fan/fanaticism there’re good and bad in every base. It is what it is.

How about bowl game talking points:

“SEC teams only need to go 3-5 in conference to reach bowl games because they’re playing one G5 and two FCS every season, smart!”

Wasn't BU only 4-5 in conference play? But that said I thought it was a pretty entertaining game for 2 teams who had losing conference records. I remember early in the game an announcer said first to 45 wins. He was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
            I was expecting to hear the Brewer's family history last night.

Wasn't BU only 4-5 in conference play? But that said I thought it was a pretty entertaining game for 2 teams who had losing conference records. I remember early in the game an announcer said first to 45 wins. He was correct.

Yep. OOC wins were ACU and UTSA. Lost to Duke whom just won their Bowl game as well, throttled Temple.

Comment

Man, that BU and Vandy game was TERRIBLE! From the ground up! Im surprised both of those teams were 6-6. Goodness.

Comment

It was better than the TCU game

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  The 80s and 90s on Commerce was great times. Back then the OU fans got it from not just Texas fans but Dallasites and Texans in general. Lol.

Yea i was there 95 - 03. Good times. My liver is probably still recovering from those trips.

95-99 were good trips where I didn't think the ou fans were that bad. But after the blowout in 2000 it went downhill fast.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Man, that BU and Vandy game was TERRIBLE! From the ground up! Im surprised both of those teams were 6-6. Goodness.
                    both had losing records in their conferences. Another example of why teams shouldn't be rewarded for easy out of conference opponents. IMO - Wins against FCS schools shouldn't count toward FBS bowl eligibility. They need to change that to be 6 wins against FBS teams to be bowl eligible.

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

For the transitive property monkeys, Auburn going in dry. Up 21-0 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter. tOSU lost handedly to this 6-6 squad.

Can Purdue get back in it? The Auburn offense looks like it was suppose to this season.

Last edited by Chad C; 12-28-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

I hate watching Rondale Moore make plays cause it brings up thoughts of what could have been.

He was committed to Texas for a long time until Brohm was able to get him to flip. Brohm and Moore went to same high school in Louisville, Ky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                          It was better than the TCU game
                          Entertainment wise, yes. The tackling was as bad by both teams last night as QB play was for both teams in the TCU game. Just depends what you prefer I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            I hate watching Rondale Moore make plays cause it brings up thoughts of what could have been.

He was committed to Texas for a long time until Brohm was able to get him to flip. Brohm and Moore went to same high school in Louisville, Ky.

I was not looking forward to seeing that for 4 yrs!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post

He’s a game changer!

Comment

It appears Purdue is severely overmatched! Their secondary is getting torched.

Comment

Working...
                                X