X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.......what a mess. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Neighbor behind me has a huge dog that barks every time I step outside and neighbor to my right suggested a gray egg from petsmart that’s a bark deterrent. $25-$30. Supposed to make a high pitch sound (humans can’t hear it but dogs do) when the dog barks to shut it up. Haven’t bought one yet but I will. Have you tried something like this?

Comment

Why not have the neighbor over for a BBQ or something and let him get acquainted to your dog. Then, maybe the dog won't bark at your neighbor so much.
        That's what I did when my neighbor moved in across from me. After a few rubs on the dog, it would never bark at me again. But again, the "new" neighbor, I have known for almost 25 years. We get along!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problem with other your neighbor. God placed dogs on earth and the dogs natural instinct is to bark at anything out of the ordinary. To me your neighbor could very be provoking your dog to bark. Sir better yet have you tried introducing your dog to your neighbor so that they could become acquainted with each other. Have your neighbor become friends with your so that your dog wouldn’t bark at him when he is outside and what does your neighbor on the other side of your house have to say about your dog barking.i hate to see a dog restrained by chaining or being crated, let the dog do it’s natural instinct!

Comment

Your neighbor has issues. He is going to keep calling until the dog is gone

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Man, I hate that for you, but nobody likes to listen to a barking dog. If the bark collar works, then use it. The fact that your dog hates it is irrelevant. I wouldn't have done what your neighbor did, he sounds like an arsehole, but I would expect you to do something to remedy the problem.

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sec. 14-7. - Unreasonable noise.
                (a) Under this chapter it shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally or knowingly own or possess an animal that causes unreasonable noise in a public place or in or near a private residence the person has no right to occupy. (b) In any prosecution authorized by this section, where proof is presented that the person was warned concerning the noise more than 24 hours preceding the offense by an animal control officer or police department, such person shall be presumed to have intentionally and knowingly committed the offense.

Your profile shows you're in Baytown. This is the ordinance from the city's page.

Comment

Only question I have is how does he hear the dog when it is barking inside your house?

Comment

Try putting a small block of wood the same size as the bark collar on your dog. I had a pacing, barking beagle that was driving me crazy. The minute I'd put the shock collar on she would quit pacing and barking. She knew what was coming next if she didn't shut up.

It's not good to keep a shock collar on a dog for long periods. The prongs will rub bald red spots.

I cut a small block of wood, painted it black and screwed it on to another collar.

Fooled her. She quit that barking and pacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                      Sec. 14-7. - Unreasonable noise.
                      (a) Under this chapter it shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally or knowingly own or possess an animal that causes unreasonable noise in a public place or in or near a private residence the person has no right to occupy. (b) In any prosecution authorized by this section, where proof is presented that the person was warned concerning the noise more than 24 hours preceding the offense by an animal control officer or police department, such person shall be presumed to have intentionally and knowingly committed the offense.

Your profile shows you're in Baytown. This is the ordinance from the city's page.

See with this what is unreasonable? I have read before that it has to meet certain requirements to be unreasonable. If the dog barks more than 20 mins with no longer than 60 sec of rest in between barking sessions...or if it ends up causing a loss (like sleep at night).

Watching the videos throughout the week she barks no more than min then goes inside. The video actually deleted of the above picture ( the card was full and overwrites itself). I really wish I had it to see what actually transpired and how long it went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                        Try putting a small block of wood the same size as the bark collar on your dog. I had a pacing, barking beagle that was driving me crazy. The minute I'd put the shock collar on she would quit pacing and barking. She knew what was coming next if she didn't shut up.

It's not good to keep a shock collar on a dog for long periods. The prongs will rub bald red spots.

I cut a small block of wood, painted it black and screwed it on to another collar.

Fooled her. She quit that barking and pacing.

I like the idea, I have seen the vibrating collar..it has the prongs but omits a beep sound then if continues vibrates instead of a shock. Might try this...

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                          A barking dog is a nuisance. We keep ours crated inside during the day. Good luck to you.
                          I agree

Comment

Headed to court

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Man, I hate that for you, but nobody likes to listen to a barking dog. If the bark collar works, then use it. The fact that your dog hates it is irrelevant. I wouldn't have done what your neighbor did, he sounds like an arsehole, but I would expect you to do something to remedy the problem.

This. I love my dogs but at the end of the day it’s a dog. I don’t care what my dog likes or doesn’t like. It needs to behave and I have never in my life heard of a man worried that his dog is having a panic attack over a collar. Shock that joker until it acts right. If they ride the lightening enough they will learn.

I hate causing a dog pain but with some of them that’s the only thing that works. Just be glad he isn’t throwing ground beef soaked in antifreeze over the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dream of taking a 12 gauge to my neighbor’s barking dogs.

Comment

Doesnt look like the guy was peeking over, probably just walking in backyard.

Would it help to modify the fence to be board on board so that the dog cannot see movement through the cracks. Not the easiest alternative, but maybe beneficial overall and not all that costly. Would not fix the dog barking at noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X