No announcement yet.

Custom wood box needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know guy that does custom wood work with all hand tools. He is really good. Eastins Natural Art on Facebook.

Comment

Tommy Shurley with Shurley Brothers custom stocks. Located in Dripping Springs. He's made stuff like this. Probably not cheap but does a great job. (501) 691-5500

Comment

Almost complete, still waiting on the gun to get back from etching. Ended up just getting a piece of hackleberry slab, routing the profile and lazer etching the wording. Figured we would keep it simple with no hinged top for display. Waterjeted the fabric for the inside to fit the profile perfectly and made a custom stainless bracket to prop the slab at a 26* angle. Came out pretty nice I believe.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd hope the lettering would have came out darker.

Comment

Cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very neat, if you seal it with something I bet engravings will darken but not sure if you intend on doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                Very neat, if you seal it with something I bet engravings will darken but not sure if you intend on doing that.
                That is awesome! I agree--any stain or simple application of boiled linseed oil will make the engraving (and all grain obviously) more prominent. perhaps sample on some of the leftover cuts to see if you like it.

Comment

Get a small thing of flat black enamel from hobby lobby from the model airplane section and fill all the engraving. Get it in there thick then sand the paint off flat to the top of the wood and it will make the engraving stand out more. THEN seal it don’t seal it first.

Comment

Get a small thing of flat black enamel from hobby lobby from the model airplane section and fill all the engraving. Get it in there thick then sand the paint off flat to the top of the wood and it will make the engraving stand out more. THEN seal it don’t seal it first.
                    Was going to suggest you do the same thing. It looks great but it will look even better filled in with some color.

Comment

Here is a custom set completely build and engraved by a guy here locally. The cedar box was built by a really good friend of mine. It was all hand routed and has a humidor built into it. The photo is in the November issue of Cowboys and Indians Magazine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                        Here is a custom set completely build and engraved by a guy here locally. The cedar box was built by a really good friend of mine. It was all hand routed and has a humidor built into it. The photo is in the November issue of Cowboys and Indians Magazine.
                        Sweet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
                          Almost complete, still waiting on the gun to get back from etching. Ended up just getting a piece of hackleberry slab, routing the profile and lazer etching the wording. Figured we would keep it simple with no hinged top for display. Waterjeted the fabric for the inside to fit the profile perfectly and made a custom stainless bracket to prop the slab at a 26* angle. Came out pretty nice I believe.
                          you could give the wood a light coat of oil. It would make the engraving pop and protect against cracking in the future

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                            X