No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a great weekend around our place. Borrowed my bosses Cat 289C skid steer with a/c and optional dozer blade. Moved dirt at the pond so it won't run off into the pond when it rains, cleaned up a couple burn piles and slicked off the ground where they were. Then went next door to spread out a dirt pile on my sons place and made us an elevated green to hit golf balls at, looks to be about a 150-170 yard shot from his back yard.

Comment

When we woke up this morning the rain had moved in so I decided to hang with the family instead of chasing birds.

We hung out at the Fort Worth Zoo and it was a great day for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378178059.097681.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24239877

Comment

Looks like he is glad you picked the zoo.

I found out how useful youtube is yesterday, could not get the hydraulic hoses on the dozer blade to hook up because of pressure on the quick connects. Tried to hook them up for 30 minutes and was about to call it quits. Watched a simple 1 minute video and wala, pressure was released and hoses slipped right on.
        Last edited by Tmag; 09-03-2013, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          Looks like he is glad you picked the zoo.

I found out how useful youtube is yesterday, could not get the hydraulic hoses on the dozer blade to hook up because of pressure on the quick connects. Tried to hook them up for 30 minutes and was about to call it quits. Watched a simple 1 minute video and wala, pressure was released and hoses slipped right on.
          You tube taught me how to change the headlights in my last pickup. I was in the middle of pulling a fender off when I thought to check you tube.

Comment

Got an awesome pic in my devotional email this morning, this mule deer is a hoss. Would love to have one like him on the wall.

Name:	1251.jpg
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	24240371

Comment

Took a nice ride to Wadsworth, Texas today to remove our tracker and strip our signs off of an owner operators truck. Seems he forgot you can't have beer in a vehicle going into the Nuclear Plant. On a positive note he did pass a breathalyzer and drug test.

Came back via FM 521 to Bailey's Prairie then to 36 and 288 back home. I saw Joey AP's twin brother south of Brazoria on 521, guy had on cut-off's, flip flops, shirt open in front, shades, and a cowboy hat. I had to call Joey and see where he was at before I turned around and made a fool of myself.

Comment

Thems some purty mulies

Welding on bat wing and BBQ pit, the kid that made it did a fine job on everything but the door handle. Can't complain whoever he was I'd still give him a A-. Did a little personalizing while I was at it though, it's Bar 4 ranch pit now

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378591619.850733.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	24241293
                Last edited by Russ81; 09-07-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Me and my little bud are bachin it this weekend.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378606989.106467.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	24241386

Comment

Looks like y'all didn't starve Dale

Gator season opens tomorrow, hope to have lines set Thursday evening and something in the boat by Sunday

Comment

Flying out tomorrow for 7 days of DIY elk in Idaho. Bucket list item that looks like it will finally happen.

Now to see if the mature body can make it happen.

Comment

Marshbillys are out and about

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379038089.675916.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	24244003

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379038146.324282.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	24244004
                        Line is about 5' above water partner is just short

Comment

Think I may go check out some tractor prices tomorrow. Mahindra, Kubota and Kioti are on the list. Any preference in brand for a 35-40hp tractor?

Comment

I need to catch, kill, rastle, or get eatin by a gator, before I go the way of full on middle life.

But this was the order of the day..

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379304408.059116.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24244681

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379304439.304114.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	24244682

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379304529.187376.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	24244683

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379304545.075669.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	24244684

Comment

Hectic times at work and home. Signing a contract in the morning for 25 acres of beautiful hardwood land in Centerville. Will be our retirement place one day and weekend place for now. Have a lot of work to do. Wish I was a little more "handy" cause this is gonna be rough. Hoping the financing and paperwork goes smoothly with the Texas Veterans Land Board. BillM's wife has been a great help so far.

Comment

I had an appendectomy last week, and my recovery is going really well! so well that I learned how to make my own wrist slings out of para cord. Starting to take orders from people and even juggling the idea of starting a simple website for people to place orders. I can do them quickly and I really enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when they turn out looking cooler than anything you can buy. Other than the newfound hobby, I have had a lot of time to sit and think about what is important in life. After realizing I was literally hours away from possible death I find myself thinking about how much I love God and the people he put around me. Had wonderful talks with my parents that made our relationship much stronger and my girlfriend and I basically sat down and planned the next couple years together. I love the sense of clarity I have right now, and once bow season starts, I will have many weekends to sit and bask in that clarity while hunting. GOD IS GOOD INDEED!!

Comment

Working...
                                X