The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Weekend dilemma! Our White Oak Roughnecks are in the state basketball tournament . They won it last year, first time since 1957, and we missed it. Their record is 35-1 and 72-2 the last 2 years and, I think, 105-6 over the last 3 years. They have a good chance to win back-to-back titles, and we want to see it...might not happen again in my lifetime, but...we would have to miss Bownanza again, and I am looking forward to meeting a few more of you folks. Gonna have to decide quickly!

It's only about an hour and a half from Austin to College Station. Looking at the schedule on the UIL website they play their semifinal game first thing Friday morning and the Championship game is at 1:30 on Saturday afternoon.

You could catch the first game, come be a part of the tailgate and the early part of Bownanza and then head to Austin for the game. It seems very doable depending on how much you want to be on the road.

Comment

I have worn my "Live Life Today" bracelet since we got them in a couple years ago. I need to pay more attention daily to the meaning!

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(15).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	24176172

February 27th, a great childhood friend died of breast cancer. She always had such a great spirit and was a lot of fun.

Yesterday, a girl I grew up with literally from the time I was born....she was 3 days older than me and lived across the street.....her husband had a heart attack and passed away. He was a super husband, father and grandfather. One of those guys you wish could be cloned.

Sometimes, the ones that are chosen make absolutely no sense

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
        It is impossible to understand.

So sorry to hear, Mary.
        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          On the downhill side of a little bout with the flu. Think I caught it just in time. Stay healthy!
          I came down with it a couple weeks ago too. I'm glad that is over.

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
            It's only about an hour and a half from Austin to College Station. Looking at the schedule on the UIL website they play their semifinal game first thing Friday morning and the Championship game is at 1:30 on Saturday afternoon.

You could catch the first game, come be a part of the tailgate and the early part of Bownanza and then head to Austin for the game. It seems very doable depending on how much you want to be on the road.
            Thought about that, but that is cutting it short on Saturday, and my wife would be a nervous wreck. If they lose Friday morning (perish the thought) and don't make the finals on Saturday, we will likely forego the consolation game and come on over to Bownanza.

I was really looking forward to making it this year . Missed last year and was sickly the last two times, so I did not feel in the mood.

Comment

Sorry to hear all that Mary. Life is short and special. Those that grasp that concept before it's too late are truly blessed.

Comment

Hate that for you, Mary.

Comment

Make the time to hugs the ones you love today. Squeeze for you Mayor.

Comment

Sorry to hear it Mary, we lost a great friend this week to cancer also. She fought it hard for 5 years. She has the victory now.

Comment

Mary and Tim - sorry for your loss...hard to comprehend at times.

Headed to Leon County this morning with my bride to look at a tract of land that appears to be what we have been searching for...a place that is 1) huntable, 2) water, electric and shelter in place and 3) within 3 hours of Houston. Nervous and excited about the potential of owning our own little slice of the state...

Comment

Hope it's all you are looking for, Kevin. Best of luck!
                        Lesto!!

Comment

Good luck on the land and sorry to hear about the losses.

Comment

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

This was my mission statement I came up with last year.

To be encouraged by my life accomplishments and to become inspired to accomplish more for God, my family and myself. I will seek inspiration and motivation from others by expanding my reading and my mind. I will seek council for my short comings and not be content with them. I will be the best employee father, husband and son I can be. Most importantly I desire to become healthy in body, mind and spirit. To bring my family together in one accord with a goal to be the best we can be. Reminding myself daily I am the spiritual leader of my home.

I am reaching this daily and growing in some areas as time goes by. Just thought I would share. Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post

February 27th, a great childhood friend died of breast cancer. She always had such a great spirit and was a lot of fun.

Yesterday, a girl I grew up with literally from the time I was born....she was 3 days older than me and lived across the street.....her husband had a heart attack and passed away. He was a super husband, father and grandfather. One of those guys you wish could be cloned.

I'm so sorry. I lost my best friend (since age 15) to BC. She was 42 and left behind 3 children. She was beautiful inside and out and her passing nearly broke my heart.

Comment

Nice day for driving, made a run to our Midlothian yard today and drove one of our Pete's back to Conroe. Glad I didn't get pulled over, had a few things missing that would have gotten me wrote up. A/C wouldn't blow cold air but thank goodness the cruise control worked. Lunch at Sam's in Fairfield made it a great trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X