The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another December Montana sunset. Don’t kid anybody- 29 degrees and a 30 mph wind is cold.

I finished the elk season Sunday am at the base of the mountain under the flag. Unsuccessfully. The elk herd were there Fri and Sat the GW told me- but wised-up by Sunday. But you can’t beat the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bill; 12-06-2022, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Well the new baler showed up the other day

Then in other news my new outboard jet is just about ready. Poor builder had a wreck and having to take care of his girlfriend as she broke a leg in said wreck but he’s been hustling so hopefully I’ll get a few duck hunts end by end of season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Goodness gracious that boat is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Goodness gracious that boat is awesome
          Yessir, she been a long time coming. I've had a boat of some shape or form for close to 30 years. And each and everyone of them was great but always lacking something. Getting it custom built to the way I want it with a motor I think will work perfectly where I like to go has been a awesome feeling. Expect to get alot of use out of her in the coming years.

Comment

He didn’t shoot very well overall, but got a little lucky to win his division with a 291.

….and cost me some more money.[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              He didn’t shoot very well overall, but got a little lucky to win his division with a 291.

….and cost me some more money.[emoji23]

You might need to explain to him that you pay for arrows, school pays for targets...hit the targets! [emoji1787]
              Oh, good shootin' tho!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's good stuff!

Comment

That's a wall-hanger right there! Nice!

Comment

Well, it's time to toss another log on the fire. I received a text last night asking if Berk has had a chance to get on a deer yet. After a short exchange via text, we are looking at Monday after Christmas. She is fired up!

Comment

Here we go!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Well, it's time to toss another log on the fire. I received a text last night asking if Berk has had a chance to get on a deer yet. After a short exchange via text, we are looking at Monday after Christmas. She is fired up!
                        It all came together yesterday evening. Berk and I met up with Dale at his place around 2:00, unloaded, and headed out to the blind. Dale dropped Berk and I off at the stand so we could get unloaded and get her situated. While we were doing that, he laid out a path of golden nuggets about 50 yards from the blind, parked, and met back up with us. We didn't sit all that long before we had a trio of spikes come in to the corn Dale put out. We watched those fools clown around for a while why we waited on our guest of honor. Eventually, we had a few does roll in to our set. The aforementioned trio of knuckleheads made it a bit more difficult for us as every time Berkeley would try to get on one of the doe, they would push them off. But, it was fun to watch as they lip curled and spared like they new what in the heck they were doing. As Dale mentioned, it was like turning three 15 year old boys loose in the strip club. lol. Eventually, things began to settle down and the the doe made their way back into our preferred shooting range. Berkeley was finally able to settle in on one around 5:14 and honestly... I rushed her a bit as she was quartered to us pretty hard. Berk new she was suppose to be behind the shoulder so, at that angle she ended up being about 3 inches back with an exit at a hard angle just in front of the off hind leg. She was patient and honestly, she did everything she was supposed to do. The doe bucked upon impact and took off with her tail tucked. We new she was hit hard, we simply didn't know where she was hit. We got down and began our search for sign. Surprisingly, Berk found our first sign about 70 yards from the shot location and it was a mere speck or two of blood. I was proud of her and her willingness to be involved in the search. We worked the sign until we found some entails and a bit more blood and then it simply stopped. But, we had a yote yippin' really close by and he simply wouldn't move. He carried on for a good 30 minutes and we were beginning to feel a bit defeated when Dale mentioned a fence line in the direction of the song dog. So, we bailed, jumped in the rig, and drove around to the fence line which was around 120 yards further. We hopped out and began walking down the fence line looking for sign when I walked dang near right up on her. Had she not stood up, I'm not sure we ever would have noticed her. But, she wasn't going anywhere. We dispatched her and it was picture time! By 7:00, Berk had her first deer and it's all thanks to Dale Moser! Heck, Dmo even fixed us a fine meal and hooked Berkeley up with some S’more making gear before we hit the hay. We are eternally thankful for the hospitality. Thanks for having us out Dmo.
                        Last edited by Chad C; 12-27-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to Berk...and to you for making it happen.

Comment

Which one of y'all were at HEB tonight? Any luck?

Comment

This archery wizardry came across my feed...thought yall would appreciate.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X