No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news. Nothing like pretty nurses to raise his spirits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out elk hunting today
      Last edited by Bill; 11-18-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Ended elk season with no shots. Had my cross hairs on a 4x4 but decided to hold out for 2 6x6 bedded behind him- who went the other way when they got up. 4 hour hike out in wolf country at night at 10 degrees.

Held pulling the trigger on another day on an elk I could not see it on front of front legs blocked by 2 pine trees. 100 yards, laying prone on a bipod. He turned 90 degrees and no shot- massive solo bull.

So it goes. My back yard yesterday after season closed 3 weeks ago.

Here’s where our retirement home was on Friday. Praying this mild Montana winter keeps it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Ended elk season with no shots. Had my cross hairs on a 4x4 but decided to hold out for 2 6x6 bedded behind him- who went the other way when they got up. 4 hour hike out in wolf country at night at 10 degrees.

Held pulling the trigger on another day on an elk I could not see it on front of front legs blocked by 2 pine trees. 100 yards, laying prone on a bipod. He turned 90 degrees and no shot- massive solo bull.

Here’s where our retirement home was on Friday. Praying this mild Montana winter keeps it up.

Beautiful place and nice progress on your home.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not much of a morning hunter but what better way to ring in 2020 sitting in the stand.

Happy new years, all!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never had the desire to move out of Texas but your pictures sure do make my mind wonder. Beautiful place!
                Last edited by AgHntr10; 01-01-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Bill that is beautiful. Congrats............

Comment

Comment

Good morning TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Little man drew a permit for spike/doe at Mason Mountain. This will be his first time to chase whitetail and he’s pretty fired up.
                        We head down on Friday.

He’s been putting in the work as well.

I think I might be more excited than he is if that’s even possible!

If I remember correctly those targets led to a dead deer!

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I havnt caught up on this thread in too long, good stuff as usual!

I hate to, but I’m here tonight asking for prayers. A great friend, old partner in crime, and one of the best dudes I’ve ever known, is going under the knife in the morning. A small matter of a “fried egg”type cancerous tumor on top of his brain is to be taken out in the morning. Outlook is good, his spirits were high tonight, and he’s in great hands. But if you’re so inclined, please send one up, or keep a good thought, or whatever you do, for my ol bud Torrey. Lots of people need him to come through this ok...myself, and his other pals, included..

Hope your friend is doing well Dale.

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                        Good morning TBH.
                        Good morning TBH!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                          Good morning TBH.

Y’all get to Montana this year and you can be posting!

One of the 4 bulls I got into during archery I believe was shot during rifle by an 82 year old gentleman.

My workouts start this month to get ready- ‘the hill’ in the back is calling me. Need loadup the Kuiu

Comment

Been awhile since I posted on here, been on the road all month working in Longview, TX tracking American midstream lines.

So many miles I had to bite the bullet and get a new stick

Y’all get to Montana this year and you can be posting!

One of the 4 bulls I got into during archery I believe was shot during rifle by an 82 year old gentleman.

My workouts start this month to get ready- ‘the hill’ in the back is calling me. Need loadup the Kuiu

Bill we got pushed back too March for Montana but if the schedule is like last year we’ll have to do a frozen TBH~HH one weekend halfway between Billings-Bozeman.

Comment

Still running thru these pines

Comment

Pines??? Good grief, son. Those ain’t pines!

Comment

Working...
                                X