Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
    Well team TBH........

I’m either unemployed and selling the CA house, moving to Montana and looking for a job OR I’m retired, moving to Montana and looking for interesting things to do in high tech and stay off social security, find land and help our son build our retirement home.

I suggested to my loving wife we put everything in storage, buy a second hand cabover and see national parks- starting with a TBH road trip through Texas. Look for land to build in the spring of 2020. She said “ so you want to live in your truck, kill pigs and hang out with the guys you hang out with on your Iphone?”.

“Yes, dear”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill,

Hang in there. Sorry to hear you're unemployed. Leon County is a great place to buy retirement property. We can be neighbors. Best of luck to you and the family.

Comment

We listed the house on Monday.

Decided it was finally time to take down the sign on the basketball post after 20 years.

Comment

What area of Montana would you be living in Bill?

Comment

Bozeman area. Where? We’ll figure it out. Our son will build the house when we buy land. Full- time dad on the hob he’s factoring for 1/2 a crew member. Ok with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
            Well team TBH........

I’m either unemployed and selling the CA house, moving to Montana and looking for a job OR I’m retired, moving to Montana and looking for interesting things to do in high tech and stay off social security, find land and help our son build our retirement home.

I suggested to my loving wife we put everything in storage, buy a second hand cabover and see national parks- starting with a TBH road trip through Texas. Look for land to build in the spring of 2020. She said “ so you want to live in your truck, kill pigs and hang out with the guys you hang out with on your Iphone?”.

“Yes, dear”.

Well, darn, Bill. I don't know whether to send you prayers or congratulations! Beautiful country up there!!!

Comment

Bill, if I've learned one thing about you over the years, it's that you will make the most of whatever comes your way. Prayers and good thoughts your way, sir. Eat it up, my friend.

Comment

God bless Texas.

I’m too old to stay at home and too young for Medicare so I’ll be looking for something to do when we get there. For a year or two.

Comment

The Pope Visits Idaho

The Pope went on vacation to the rugged mountains of North Idaho. He was driving along when he heard a frantic commotion at the edge of the woods. He found a helpless, long-haired, bearded, middle-aged man wearing Patagonia shorts, sandals, and an old "Vote for Obama" tee shirt. The man was screaming and struggling frantically, thrashing all about trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot, 1,200-pound grizzly bear.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of cowboys all wearing "Go Trump" and “America First" denim shirts came racing up One quickly fired a .44 Magnum slug right into the bear's chest. The two other men pulled the bleeding, semiconscious man from the bear's grasp. Two of the men dragged the dead grizzly onto the bed of their pickup truck while the other tenderly placed the injured man in the back seat.

As they began to leave, the Pope summoned all of them over to him. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he proudly proclaimed. "I have heard there was bitter hatred between Republicans and Democrat Party supporters, but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true, and that America is truly a blessed place in which to live."

As the Pope drove off, one cowboy asked his buddies,

"Who was that guy?"

"Dude, that was the Pope," another replied.

“It’s reported that he has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the cowboy said, "he may have access to all wisdom, but he don't know anything about bear hunting in Idaho.

By the way, is the bait still alive or do we need to go back to California and get another one”?

Comment

Good one Russ, but I grew up in northern Idaho, and yes they bait for bear, but I know for a fact the Pope has never been up in that neck of the woods.

Tomorrow is not a given, everyone hug the ones you love, count your blessings, and go out and make it a great day.

Hogboy
                    Last edited by Leonhogboy; 01-17-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Living in, and packing to leave Cali, I found that joke hilarious..

My wife, daughter and I went to SF yesterday to attend Mass at St. Ignatius (always spiritually moving), have my wife fit for a pair of custom shoes, lunch in our favorite restaurant (The Stinking Rose in North Beach) and than ran the dog at Chrissy Field looking at the Golden Gate and Alcatraz. Even in a drizzle and wind it was great.

I may go back one more time for lunch with a friend before we leave, but that’s our last family outing to SF.

Comment

Nilgai patrol...

Comment

Last Cali duck hunt on Wednesday. Los Banos Wildlife Area, in the pond I previously had instructions in my will to be cremated and my ashes spread in the tree line.

We scratched out some green wing teal and a spoon- but the strap didn’t matter. It was the memories of 100 hunts at the refuge starting with our son in 2000.

Sage and her spoonie.

My last tulle cross, I’ve shipped multiple to Texas with prayers for guys on TBH over the years. This one’s for us.

Comment

Meat bull down.

Comment

God sure has a fine eye and hand with the paintbrush. Live well everyone, enjoy what you’re given and what you earn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Meat bull down.

Nice cull/management bull/harvest/kill/trophy nilgai.

Save me some backstraps!

Comment

Working...
                                X