No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post duck season, I've spent the last 4 weekends solid work at home painting inside with the deadline our DIL's baby shower 3/5.

On 3/12 I want to be out at sunrise hunting pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
      We had 2 gallons of frozen mustang grape juice left and put in the work on Valentine's Day Tmag. I don't think we'll eat 16 pints and 16 half-pints before Nanza.

[ATTACH]774689[/ATTACH]
      Yeeehaw, gonna get a great jar of jelly at Bownanza........I hope!

Y'all have a great Friday out there and be safe.

Comment

Congrats on the baptizing Russ, and the rest of that work looks about right for country folk.

Woke up to a full black water tank on the septic system yesterday. Hooked up the pump and hoses and let her work, it was empty by afternoon and all was good.
        Men's breakfast at 8am with my son and grandson, haircut at 10am, back to the house to plant our orange and grapefruit trees, and then worked on the tiller to get it running. Fixed the broken pull rope, drained the fuel tank, blew out all the old gas and lines, fresh gas and she started right up.
        Once the work was done we got the cane poles out and a box of worms and headed to the pond to see how the red ears and coppernose are doing this year. Cold water kept them from getting excited but we did catch enough to see that they are reproducing well. Had a couple small ones, several medium size and a couple big ones. Our last stocking was 2 years ago so the little ones are offspring, and the minnows we put in the first year have exploded in numbers.

Comment

Last week, my family and I were planting trees in the orchard. My wife decided to start training our 3 yr old boy for applying for his hardship drivers license (awarded at 14yrs of age...11yrs of training should make him qualified) by having him help steer the farm cart (golf cart with a utility bed) and push the gas. Not really a Daddy approved activity but I decided to let it slide. At one point Im plugging trees in the ground....I look up to see my wife carrying my daughter and walking in front of the cart. My little boy had his Lightning McQueen bicycle helmet with flames on top strapped on his head and driving the cart...by himself...Ummm..."Whats goin on?" I asked...."He was being unsafe!"...at 3 yrs of age and first day operating solo...he was actually pretty judicious....still Daddy unapproved. I am still kicking myself for not having my phone on me.

Comment

Well, it is official. Our daughter in law is going to bless us with our 3rd grandchild in October. Little bitty sucker in the pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby Magee #3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	24433232

Comment

Congratulations Tim!

Comment

Very cool Tmag! Congratulations!

Weve number three due late July. Im fully expecting to catch our third child on the way out...before we get out the door. Pattern of labor...number one 6 hours...number two 4 hours...start to finish. Im rosining up my wide receiver gloves...mink oiling the catchers mit. Quick feet quick feet.

God bless...all.

Comment

We hosted the baby shower for our DIL yesterday, the little peanut will be the first grandchild. She flew in from Montana since she has family and friends in CA. 30 people, and a downpour outside but a really nice event. They do not want to know the baby's sex, but she's carrying all out front and it may be indicative of a boy.

One idea my wife had was to have the guests write something on pieces of cloth with permanent fabric markers, and she will make it into a quilt. One square written by an aunt was great and I want to share it. I've not met most of her relatives, this couple lives on a ranch in rural CA with a bunch of cattle and showed me lots of rodeo pictures with friends doing roping.

I'm still pondering what witty thing Grandpa will write, and not get slapped aside the head by Grandma.

Last edited by Bill; 03-06-2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I can sympathize with you Friar, #1 was 5 minutes after arrival at the hospital and #2 was 30 minutes. She don't play when it comes to delivery.
                    Bill, congrats to you and yours on the first. A life changer for sure. We had a great weekend with ours coming across the little wooden bridge from their house to ours and asking to go fishing in the pond Saturday and Sunday afternoon, we obliged. Digging that pond was one of the best ideas I have ever had.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952106(1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	24433543
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

After a short labor Friday night Riley Grace made her grand entrance. 7lb 7oz & 18.5 inches long. Momma & baby are both happy and healthy!

[ATTACH]779249[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          After a short labor Friday night Riley Grace made her grand entrance. 7lb 7oz & 18.5 inches long. Momma & baby are both happy and healthy!

[ATTACH]779249[/ATTACH]

Greatness! Congrats to you and momma!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post

[ATTACH]779249[/ATTACH]
                            She looks plenty happy to be here, congrats to you guys!

Comment

Eeeeeek, a mouse!

We have been in our new house a little over 6 years now and saw the first mouse a few days ago, brave sucker ran through the dining room, down the hall, and into the toy room. Got me a mousetrap, slathered it up with peanut butter, and placed where the grandkids wouldn't get into it. It was licked clean the next morning and still set. Put more peanut butter on and repeat performance the next morning, clean trap. Put me some cheese on the trigger and reset it in hopes a change would do the trick.
                              Last night we had a mess of kids playing in there and they made enough noise to bout give me a headache. My daughter told them about the trap and not to mess with it, they would have never know had she not said anything. I go in there this morning, pull back the door, and the trap is tripped. Behind the trap was a green crayon that one of the kids had thrown at it last night, well crud.
                              Then I spotted a small 4 legged body laying between the trap and the crayon and the piece of cheese I had used for bait. I'm still not sure if he took a crushing blow from the trap going off or if he just went ahead and committed suicide with all the noise going on around him last night.
                              Glad to be rid of him!

Comment

Been busy with work but wanted to do something for the church I attend. They been using a folding table for the coffee bar but we fixed that last night. Thanks to Joey (Joey~AP) for the loan of a air compressor!

Comment

Working...
                                X