No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after braving the outskirts of Austin (Where do all those folks come from?) I was able to make it to the lease with time to sit this evening. Saw 4-5 bucks, three does whose ringleader was a smart Ol' board that knew where the shooting lanes were and a Coon that crawled the tree next to me and looked in disgust I didn't have anymore corn just for him.

Plus as I was parking the ranger saw two Rattlesnakes coiled together fighting

All in all a great relaxing evening in the stand, can't wait till in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      Don't feel to short Tim, everytime I think I'm free they come up with more to do O_o.

Hopefully after orientation (it couldn't wait till Monday???) I can get on the road and get to the lease.
      It bit me in the butt today, 2 accidents and a truck n a hole. Glad to be off for 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
        Well after braving the outskirts of Austin (Where do all those folks come from?) I was able to make it to the lease with time to sit this evening. Saw 4-5 bucks, three does whose ringleader was a smart Ol' board that knew where the shooting lanes were and a Coon that crawled the tree next to me and looked in disgust I didn't have anymore corn just for him.

Plus as I was parking the ranger saw two Rattlesnakes coiled together fighting

All in all a great relaxing evening in the stand, can't wait till in the morning
        Russ...theyre coming from the west coast...techies. The mood of the Austin driver changed to erratic about a year and half ago...I think a bunch are settling out now and realizing...dont hang out in the left lane...Get over to the right!....and this is Texas...weve got plenty of space...use it...and get off my bumper. I had to tell a Cali tenant she wasnt allowed to hang out in the left lane ...even if she was "driving the speed limit."

Saw a rash of Silver Staters (NV) come and go about 2 years ago. They all went home after it picked back up a bit...couldnt take the heat

May the Goddess bless all the hunts this morning. May the arrows fall where needed and travels safe.

Happy Thanksgiving Peoples! God bless.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-26-2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Wife and I went to a friends place last weekend. The don't shoot list this year was huge. Thirty minutes into Friday evenings hunt a 10 inch spike walked out. Wife let the air out of him and we partied the rest of the weekend. Made crawfish pies Saturday night.....

Comment

Hey Russ, how bout a hunting report.

Just about thru cooking turkey #2. Ready to eat.

Comment

Used oil poured up and pot is cleaned up. Kids are gone shopping and grandkids are playing. It's a great evening.

Comment

Happiness is avoiding black friday retail. And done. I almost got lured into BassPro...I escaped on the breath of a faulty TPMS installation. "We dont want a flat tire in the rain."

Truth be told...Id rather change a tire in the rain than brave American retail today. Ill pay more...later.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Happiness is avoiding black friday retail. And done. I almost got lured into BassPro...I escaped on the breath of a faulty TPMS installation. "We dont want a flat tire in the rain."

Truth be told...Id rather change a tire in the rain than brave American retail today. Ill pay more...later.
                  We are gonna cruise by Home Depot, Lowe's, and Academy this evening and see if there is anything left we need. Picked up a few goodies at lunchtime at Tractor Supply I needed, no waits and no lost sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    We are gonna cruise by Home Depot, Lowe's, and Academy this evening and see if there is anything left we need. Picked up a few goodies at lunchtime at Tractor Supply I needed, no waits and no lost sleep.
                    Hold up. No Walmart! Tmag...you are a brave man...Home depot and Lowes! Did you make it out without getting sidestacked! Bottleneck marketing works.

Im a midweek business hours retail shopper and have a long standing working relationship with Sam Walton. My brother is quite proud of his 3 year walmart abstinenance. I kinda wish Mr Butt (HEB) did what Mr Walton did...then Id go faithfully to a Texas based Buttmart.

Ive worked my share of retail black fridays, thankfully before it was known as black friday. God bless the net of inter and christmas shopping 3/4 done.

Comment

Never made it yesterday, will go look at what's left after my morning hunt.

Comment

Hey Russ, how bout a hunting report.

Just about thru cooking turkey #2. Ready to eat.
                        It's been great! I'll let the pics do the talking

First whitetail with a bow in 18 years [emoji15] [emoji15] dang it felt good to be slinging carbon at something other then foam!

Slickhead #2. She just though she was slick, I placed some hand corn where she wanted to be and got her. Both went less then 50yds

Filling feeders

One more quick sit in the morning then back to Brazoria county.
                        Last edited by Russ81; 11-28-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Awesome harvest Russ! Job well done and very cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are those rattlers fighting or they makin motions for mating?

Comment

Nicely done Russ, congrats on the whitetails.

I'd have kilt the snakes too.

Comment

Nicely done Russ, congrats on the whitetails.

I'd have kilt the snakes too.
                              Hard to kill them first day and only 300-400yds from the stand
                              Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                              Awesome harvest Russ! Job well done and very cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are those rattlers fighting or they makin motions for mating?
                              Two males fighting for turf

Comment

Well after shivering and being soaked cyber monday saved my bacon hopefully (fingers crossed)

They also got a deal where any purchase over $100 has a ten percent discount tacked, so it was 73% off . So for $125 I'll give them a shot next time I'm bowhunting!

Comment

Working...
                                X