Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a month on the road, we're Texas bound today.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
      After a month on the road, we're Texas bound today.

Good to hear, safe travels back this way.

Comment

Ignorance is bliss and so is a dead cell phone battery...on a Saturday with the kids.

Wait...what?...another yard line break on same house that had a break 6 months ago...in Hutto...and plumbers decided to remove emergency phone lines...well...off I go to dig and repair.

Eso si que es.

Travel safe and have a great weekend yall!

Comment

Saturday was a great one for me. Tractor is fixed and ready for use, never in my life have I had a starter with a bad ground post. Did you know that a tractor will not start with a bad ground post on the battery? Did you know it is easier if you remove all the fuel related items between you and the starter it is easier to get to? Do you know how hard it is to find a 1/2" nut when you drop it in the grass under a tractor?
          I spent a good 8 hours working on it trying to get it going, including removing the starter twice and taking it to the starter shop. The guy at the starter shop found the bad ground on the second trip. Put it all back together and placed the ground on a starter mounting bolt and she fired right up. Oh Happy Day!
          Finished that before noon and headed to the new lease for the first time. Mowed the area around where my stand will go on my bosses air conditioned tractor while listening to some football on the radio. I like enclosed cab tractors, a lot! Looked around the camp and liked the 8 acre lake that sits out the back door. It is gonna make for some great fishing.

Comment

Yea while I line our 4430 for raking cab and AC is a must for any other tractor work!

Comment

Found and replaced a telescoping 1" adapter/coupler that was at furthest extent of its reach. The female threaded nut head was sheared into two pieces.

Life lesson applied....give yourself some room to work and a little slack to work with.
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Boss is in full rut on deer lease preparation. Shop guys are mounting road feeder/spreader to front of his tractor so he can plant oats while roto tilling.

Also got them working on new sled feeders, waiting on Mark's to open so I can pick up some barrels. Gonna build them with varmit cages just to be sure and plan to use Spintech units to sling the corn.

In the planning stages to convert my 5x7 utility trailer into a blind for hunting. Got plenty of R-panels ready to use. Should be nice and comfortable for taking my Grandson on a couple hunts this year.

Comment

Not a bad idea

Comment

Sled feeders are slow going with other stuff getting in the way. Deadline to finish is Friday, the welder is gonna have to produce to make it happen.

Y'all be safe on the highways as you travel all over the state for the bow opener. May your arrows shoot straight and true and your target be what dreams are made of. Bottom line, have a great time and enjoy the great outdoors that God has created for us.

Comment

Well the nephew had his first ER visit Wednesday. Apparently you can't look at the heifers from the ground so he climbs a panel leaning on the fence to get a better look.

Panel falls over on him and after nanny and his momma dust him off he seemed fine till dinner when he wouldn't eat. Trip to ER shows he bruised his stomach but it's still soft and no blood in stool both good things. Kid is tough but dang he's gonna be hell on my nerves in the years to come

Comment

Opening day is a great day for planting.

Comment

Being the late starters we are this year and not being able to bow hunt we put up feeders, built feeder pens, and planted food plots yesterday along with a little damage control removing a tree off the fenceline for our landowner. Glad we had the bobcat, the tree was on old oak that was about 3 foot across and 30 foot long on the section that was left. It was an adventure.
                          Heading back this afternoon to set up my camera, forgot it in the truck yesterday morning and never got a chance to go back and put it up. It will give me a chance to see if the deer have found my feeder and show my wife where I'll be if she needs me.

Comment

Sitting in doc's office waiting on pre-op. Then visit with Doc THEN dentist appointment this afternoon.

Thought I'd get a few more years before falling apart

Comment

Years ago down in South Texas I chipped the edge on a knife I bought from a local knifemaker. A mutual friend said he'd get it back too him and make it right.

Fast forward today and he's moving to Arkansas and found my old knife, and knowing the maker died he sent me a knife he had from him in its place.

Pretty nice blade!

Comment

If y'all could, please say a few prayers for my buddy Zack. He is/was a student and Norwich University. He hit some gravel on his Saturday afternoon motorcycle ride a little over a month ago and probably wont be out of the hospital for another 2-3 months at the earliest. Fractured 3 vertebrates, pelvis, messed up his intestines and has a bag hooked up to him. He picked up an infection 2 weeks ago on top of all that; surgery #17 and #18 this week.

Zack is a bowhunter and would fit in with the GS family quite well.

Thanks,
                                Patton
                                Last edited by Patton; 10-07-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X