No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Russ! Sounds like she found a keeper. Looks that shade shed might need another post along that front span...or some angled supports.

Gary...good lookin pictures. Thanks for sharing the beauty of Canada and your family.

Spent most of this day hunting my iphone. Just found it under my boys bed. My little girl will abscond with an iphone in the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-26-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Yea it's bowed a little but I think she'll hold. If not I can tack some braces up real quick.

Boys just finished a 1.5 mile run on their gator, wish I had Waylon Jennings "Good Ol' Boys" rocking on the ranger

Comment

Looks like we'll have some jelly again this year Tmag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gary and Syl grapes tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	24392901

Comment

Was checking in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post

[ATTACH]729516[/ATTACH]
            Way to go Gary and Sil, yall made a haul. Looking forward to my annual jar.

Comment

Definitely pickin time. The wifey turned these beauties into peach pie. Freestone and they were good even when underripe and on the tree. Crunchy, sweet, dry land and in Leander rocky alkaline soil....I was impressed.
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

This fatty was plowing through my potatoes.

Comment

Good lord what is that from?

Comment

Saw this lightening bug floating still in air...I investigated to find it caught in a spider web. Saw the spider wrap this predator up into a ball half its size then was amazed to see the lightening bug bust loose. Not gonna lie...I cheered.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                      Good lord what is that from?
                      Not sure. It might be an Emerald IO moth, tiger swallowtail butterfly or Sphinx moth. I see the sphinx moths twerking (shuddering...sending out sex pheremones to attract mates) on my house often and the tiger swallowtails are everywhere here. I didnt look close enogh to see if it had horns. No joke. See'm on my tomatoes regularly. Horned worm...not really a worm. Sometimes theyll have one horn or two.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-28-2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Our 6 year old Troybilt Zero turn gave up on us last Friday after mowing 3 yards a week every summer and a few others on borrowed favors. The good news is I am heading to pick up our new Gravely this afternoon! Got the ZT XD 60 with the 24hp Kawasaki engine. Should be able to get a lot of good years out of this one.

Comment

The new Gravely is a looker, 60" of mowing deck is huge. Looks like my son will be doing all the mowing with it for a while, I won't get to use it dealing with this shoulder issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                            The new Gravely is a looker, 60" of mowing deck is huge. Looks like my son will be doing all the mowing with it for a while, I won't get to use it dealing with this shoulder issue.
                            Tmag....Yes yes yes! Congratulations! I love my 52" ZT. Ive said here on GS once before: Gravelys are like any hard charging Marine...point towards enemy, stay out of way, and support from behind. Try to oversteer and theyll get squirrelly on you. Feed it beer, some tail time and alot of love and it will mow down enemy with pleasure.

They can be operated one handed. My gravely operates best when I have a beer in my off hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post

[ATTACH]729516[/ATTACH]
                              It's taken longer than I would have liked but we finally have the sign to put on Deb's stand out at the Hogboy Hilton. I didn't do the work but I am friends with some talented folks.

I also had a sign made for the room that Ronnie used when he was at the "Hilton". I think it was last summer when Gary came up with this name for his room.

Comment

Cool signs.............

Comment

Working...
                                X