No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to read and type while my soon to be 5 year old son treats me like a jungle gym,....good times.

Comment

Just finished my taxes...(guessed for now on one deduction, which I'm probably under guessing)......................................... ...................Tentatively set at
      getting back $595.00!!

I hate tax season.............first time I get money back in 7 years. I owe it all to TBH Sponsor..TOM LIGHT CHEVORLET for putting me over the top this year, as it was the sales tax on Kendra's new suburban I bought in March that took us from "owing" to "receiving"!!!!
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I need to get on my taxes this week. I have cooked all weekend and had some deer bombs rolled up to throw on the grill tonight, but not hungry. I will save them for tomorrow night for Texas vs. Texas A&M live from College Station. That is unless I make a road trip to CS for the game.

Comment

Both of my kids have been wearing their mother out. BUT I am at the firehouse so I am only having to listen to my wife on the phone.

They have been testing the limits the last few days more than they had in a while. We will get through this yet.

Comment

Had a good day with my boy who is 10.

I never have been able to get him into the outdoors as he's always been a sports nut....anyway, I had to go process a doe that was in the cooler and he wanted to come.

Got that done quick so I could tote him around in the jeep and we had a blast. It was 20 questions about the ranch & suprised it was even the same kid who is usually bored and ready to go home when we go out. Looked for arrow heads with no luck and then he asked if I would try and catch a fish

Dad left a bait caster with one jerk bait in the trailer. Went to southern most lake and caught a bass on every cast till the plastic was gone. I threw and he pulled them in. Dogs kept trying to eat the bass....it was hilarious.

Shot some quail too which he thought was cool....He even asked if we could get in a blind and try to shoot some pigs I asked him how his homework was as the boy is always asleep by 8:30. He says 'alot daddy'

I think he might be rounding the corner gang. Wish me luck for another campfire buddy next year

PS: Got home and he left all his homework at school Was too tickled to get mad.

Comment

Originally posted by holdem View Post
              Dreamin about a big Stihl brushcutter 550 for 1300 bucks. Momma said go for it.
              She's baiting you. What she wants probably costs a couple of grand.

Comment

Just wrapped up the hangin' of 4 new doors in the house. I still need to get the hardware installed but the things are hung and that should suffice for tonight, anyway.

Getting ready to put a beat-down on my boy in Mario Kart on the Wii. It is soooo on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Just wrapped up the hangin' of 4 new doors in the house. I still need to get the hardware installed but the things are hung and that should suffice for tonight, anyway.

Getting ready to put a beat-down on my boy in Mario Kart on the Wii. It is soooo on!!

WTH...don't the boy have a bed time or something? My 9 year olds and 12 year old in bed at 8:00!!
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Yet another busy Sunday. Worship band rehearsal at 7:45, taught the sunday school lesson at 9, worship at 10:30, church Valentine's party for 31 kids at 12:30 until 3:30, Dave Ramsey FPU at 5, drop wife, daughter, her friend and friend's boyfriend off at the movie theater (to see The Unborn) at 7:20, then to pick up the little girls from child care. I'll have to go back and get the girls when the movie is over (not very well planned).

Remind me sometime to tell you about the wedding we went to last night. I've seen funerals that were more festive...AWKWARD!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Here...just wanted to share a pic from this past season. My 4-yr old son Andrew shot his first turkey. this was one of my proudest moments. i can't wait until his younger brother gets to do the same. God bless you all!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                        WTH...don't the boy have a bed time or something? My 9 year olds and 12 year old in bed at 8:00!!
                        Mine are in bed by 8 on school nights, but it's not a school night!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Yet another busy Sunday. Worship band rehearsal at 7:45, taught the sunday school lesson at 9, worship at 10:30, church Valentine's party for 31 kids at 12:30 until 3:30, Dave Ramsey FPU at 5, drop wife, daughter, her friend and friend's boyfriend off at the movie theater (to see The Unborn) at 7:20, then to pick up the little girls from child care. I'll have to go back and get the girls when the movie is over (not very well planned).

Remind me sometime to tell you about the wedding we went to last night. I've seen funerals that were more festive...AWKWARD!
                          I was gonna tell ya that things will get better oncet your girls get boyfriends with a drivers license......but I thought better of it.
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Just polished off a salmonella and jelly sandwich.....mmmmm good.

Comment

Here's another log! Had a pretty nice weekend.

Comment

New day! New week! Bring it on!!

Comment

Working...
                                X