No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Russ, I was thinking about Jason yesterday and his annual mule deer hunt. I sure do miss him and his campfire antics.

Bill, that is definitely a safety problem. The guy hanging off the corner doesn't even have a safety harness on!

Comment

Good luck to you guys this Saturday for those of you who get to be in the stand!

Comment

Almost messed up yesterday! Got home from work and had one of my favorite suppers, hamburger steak, rice and gravy, and corn. Finished up, then went after gas so I could mow the yard. Finally started mowing and was trying to get it finished before dark. Got a little too close to the gas grill and caught it with a wheel pushing it into the smoker which started tipping toward the fire box. My 80 year old father in law was standing on the porch working on a table when it fell right toward him.
        I was screaming at him to watch out but the mower was louder so he was oblivious. The pit hit the fire box and just stopped right there, thank you God for catching it. I just knew it was going to hit the back of his leg or foot and probably fall over on top of him. It didn't touch him, thank you Lord.
        Once he turned around he about had the big one, he leaned on the table and started shaking. I did too. I got off the mower and moved the gas grill back in place, then pushed the smoker back onto it's leg. He went over and sat down for a while in his chair on the porch. So glad he didn't get hurt.

Comment

Opening weekend, although not successful, was great. 3 hunters at the Ranch, and we all saw 4-5 bucks under 3.5 with great potential at each stand all 3 hunts.
          Glad to be back in the stand.

Thursday morning we leave for New Mexico to chase some Pronghorn on Private Land. I am beyond excited. Taking a bow just because I'm an optimist, hopefully we catch the end of rut so I have a chance at one. Will be hunting Sat, Sub & Mon. Hopefully I have a good report!

Have a great week, everyone.

Comment

Just checked in on the thread for Jeff.

This place is amazing.

Comment

no place like home

Comment

We decided to come to the ranch last night to miss traffic in San a on the way to Nm
                Sitting in the bow stand now! Will finish up and hit the road. Will be ready for pronghorn scouting tomorrow and hunting on Saturday

Comment

I sat in the stand for 4 days and saw over 50 deer. None came within range for me to even tighten a string. This bow hunting stuff can be frustrating!

Comment

Just checking in with y'all. Had a good day yesterday. My neighbor fishing buddy drove down to San Antonio to meet with Mary then went to bass pro and made the drive home. First time in months since getting my grandfather from KY. Felt good!
                    Jeff Young

Comment

On the way home from New Mexico with 2 speed goats in the ice chest.
                      It was one heck of a trip.
                      I am in desperate need of a shower and a bed.

Will write up the recap this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                        On the way home from New Mexico with 2 speed goats in the ice chest.
                        It was one heck of a trip.
                        I am in desperate need of a shower and a bed.

Will write up the recap this week.
                        Can't wait to read the full recap....congrats Hill!

Comment

Stopping by to check on things.

Comment

Just returned from the post office and it appears AP left some stuff behind in Conroe yesterday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	carnival.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	24335535

It was quite the carnival in town.

Comment

Enjoying a little R&R in Galveston. The great part is no seaweed.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	24337283

Comment

Day I done lost count of how many 7/12's I've worked this month and last. Woe befall the hunter that works at a golfing refinery.

Comment

Working...
                                X