No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in a hotel in Bastrop shooting a convention for Trey Powers. Cool scene. Today I learn a lot about coal energy in Texas!

Comment

Moving along nicely on the purchase of Chew Crew Hideaway in Leon County. Last hurdle will be the appraisal by TX Veterans Land Board. If it appraises ok we are scheduled to close before Thanksgiving. Lifelong dream getting closer.

Comment

Excited for y'all Chew, I know it will be a great place for your family.

The big top is up and ready for tomorrow nights Hallelujah Night event at our church. Starts at 6pm til 8pm on Thursday, located at 27543 Hwy 105 west in Cleveland. Come on by with your family if you are looking for a place to go. Games and candy and stuffed animals and cakes and pies and cookies and popcorn and cotton candy and hot dogs and drinks and music and hay ride.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tent.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	24260187

Comment

Like a moth to a flame, back to the warmth of the TBH campfire.

Everyone count your blessings and go out and make it a great day.

Comment

Oct 30th and the Ac is running. Where is winter?

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
              Oct 30th and the Ac is running. Where is winter?
              In Montana. My son shot this 4x4 mulie today. It was 15 degrees minus the wind chill factor. He was going back this am for the elk he saw late yesterday and shot the mulie. He g]utted and skinned it with the Damascus knife I bought from Leon County Slayer here on TBH .

Comment

Just checking in. I am glad to see all this rain! Rifle season opens this weekend but I will leave that to the kids and my husband. I will be in a tree with a stick and string...as he calls it.

Comment

Headed to Del Rio for a fri-mon hunt with Saltwaterslick. I love hunting the Moody Ranch along the Rio Grande. Highlight of my year.

Comment

Nice muley Bill, congrats to your son.

Good luck Jeanna, hope y'all have a great weekend.

Chew, you and Slick behave out there and don't fall in the river. Have fun and enjoy the time.

Will be under the big top this evening helping with something as we host a big party for local kiddos that come out for our Hallelujah Night at church. Any of you guys live around Cleveland come on out, lots of games and food. 1 mile west of Cleveland on Hwy 105.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tent.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	24260585
                    Last edited by Tmag; 10-31-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

What a night, with all the rain yesterday the other churches in town cancelled their events and the folks came in droves to ours. Not sure how many but it was somewhere around 2000 we believe. Lot's of smiling faces and several little ones crying because they didn't want to go home when it was over. The big tent did a great job keeping the ground dry underneath for all the folks to sit and enjoy some great food.
                      Traffic was so bad on the highway from all the vehicles parked on the shoulders that the fire department came out and directed traffic for us, glad they showed up. There were cars parked on both sides of the road for a quarter mile in each direction.

Lesson learned - Folks gonna celebrate no matter what the weather throws at them.

Comment

Enjoy it ladies and gents, for today is the single greatest day of every year!

Comment

Sitting in a tree enjoying the weather this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Just got word that our survey was approved! No additional cost and long wait for a new survey. Pending other roadblocks we should close around Thanksgiving!

Praise The Lord
                            What great news, Bobby and thats a beautiful looking place.

Comment

This used to be my favorite weekend of the year. Since we got out priced on our hill country lease 3 years ago, I have not hunted a rifle opener. 3 years ago, I'd be sitting on the camp house porch drinking beer and shooting the breeze. Instead, I'm sitting in this stinky job trailer. Dad's radiation treatments aren't helping our hunting much either.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Enjoy it because you might not realize how good you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
                                This used to be my favorite weekend of the year. Since we got out priced on our hill country lease 3 years ago, I have not hunted a rifle opener. 3 years ago, I'd be sitting on the camp house porch drinking beer and shooting the breeze. Instead, I'm sitting in this stinky job trailer. Dad's radiation treatments aren't helping our hunting much either.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Enjoy it because you might not realize how good you have it.
                                I feel for you. This is my yearly sanity check. I call it campfire therapy. I lost my mom to cancer back in February. I also shot the biggest buck of my life opening day. It hurt when I picked up the phone to call her and then remembered she wasn't there to pick up.

Comment

Working...
                                X