No announcement yet.

Spouse doesn't hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's expensive enough for me to hunt. If my wife starts hunting like I do I'll need to get a divorce to save money.

Comment

I'm married to a gal that grew up 25 miles south of San Francisco. She lived there until 7 years ago when I decided to move back to Texas. She never hunted or fished until she got too Texas. The fishing was easy and she was all into that. It helps when the first fish you catch is a 40" bull red. Then she started bird hunting (duck and dove) but wasn't really interested in hunting bigger game. I bow hunted and so did a lot of my friends and some of their wives. We went to West Houston Archery one day and I talked her into just pulling a bow back and taking some practice shots. She was instantly hook and said she could at least shoot targets but no animals. I took her hunting with me a couple of times and she sat in the blind and ran the camera and then she got the itch. Only 6 months after we got her bow, she killed her first deer. A little West Texas 8 point. She's all about it now. Some people think that they could never do something until they give it a try.

Comment

Mine doesn't, but has no problem with me going. She likes to fish & hang out on the boat. I'm good with it. She's to busy with horse shows anyhow.

Comment

Mine doesn’t but will cook and eat all I bring home.

Women in camo = sexy as heck

Comment

Mine doesn’t and I’m glad. Expensive enough

Comment

i got my wife into a few years ago. i made sure she was super warm in the blind with my warmest bibs and a blind heater. made a big difference in her being comfortable. gave her a rifle for Christmas. she was super excited. i got lucky.

Comment

Mine stays at home and I'm ok with the piece and quiet

Comment

My wife is sweet as pie, fine as wine, and has zero desire to hunt...I wouldn't change a thing!

Comment

Mine doesn't hunt but she likes to come to the camp now and then. Not often given we don't have hookups or a bath house ...

Hunting is my time with our son and buddies.

She has her time riding horses with friends and hanging out with our daughter.

Works out pretty good for everyone ...

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                      She doesn't and I'm not missing out on anything.
                      yup, sometimes its ok to be in a blind by yourself. Trust me. She get plenty of my time and money. lol

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        Same exact situation.

She loves the wild game that I prepare/we eat but she has no interest in hunting.

More me time!
                        Yup. My wife is not a killer either. She likes to go to the ranch but usually watches movies.

Comment

Mine doesn’t hunt but she used to go to the lease with me- not anymore. I told her I won’t ask to go to the lease and don’t ask me to go shopping! Problem solved now carry on and kill a big one!!!’

Comment

It was a requirement to even get passed the first round dating interview. And first time I actually called her I had to try to talk over a ranger because she was heading out in the pasture to put out corn....in March.
                            Last edited by d_e_smith; 11-21-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              My wife likes to fish and camp but has no desire to hunt whatsoever. She will eat anything I bring home as long as I clean it and cook it.
                              ^^^^^^^^^^ this,

Comment

Mine don't hunt but encourages me to and will eat deer or other such critters if I kill one

She will snatch up a gun and sling lead at snakes, coyotes or any other varmint, especially if she thinks it might be trying to get a chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X