Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black eagles Spartans

Comment

I have shot Easton Axis forever. I just bought a dozen Gold Tip kinetic pierce platinum arrows. Should be giving them a test run in two weeks.

Comment

Victory RIPs with 100 grain ethics static inserts. So far my favorite arrow setup

Comment

Originally posted by kribbz View Post
          Guys,
          What type of arrows are y'all using these days? I've had a stockpile of Easton ST Epics. They are old, they don't make them anymore and I need to reload. Hunt whitetail mostly with them and I shoot a Bear Carnage at 70#s 31.5" draw. Looking for some suggestions as I haven't bought arrows in over 8 years.
          Beman ICS 400, they outlasted the Epics, been buying them for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
            I’m shooting Easton axis
            Me too.

Comment

Black eagle carnivores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Element Typhoons. Very strong and durable arrow.

Comment

Gold tip Velocity the last few years; I tried Black Eagle last year and didn't like them as much, so I'm back to Gold Tip.

I build a 500 gr arrow with about 18-20% FOC and pin nocks, the Gold Tip components make this easy. I had to hunt around for third party parts to do this with Black Eagle.

It's pretty hard to buy a bad arrow shaft these days. Figure out what you want in weight (or speed) and build it; there are many good options. Most of the people I shoot with are shooting Gold Tip, Easton or Black Eagle though.

Comment

Believe it or not, I shoot the Allen cheap azz arrows from Wally World. They are tough as all get out and my bow groups as well with them as the higher priced options. I have one that has perforated 2 pigs and a blackbuck. I retired it because it shredded a vane after it hit a rock after going through the last pig.

Comment

Gold Tip Hunter Pro and Hunter XT

Comment

Victory Archery VAP works with my heavy w/high FOC set up

Comment

Gt hunter pro

Comment

I went to the Easton Hexx with a 75 grain insert. Love em so far. Thinking about going up to 125 grains on the broad head to increase the FOC slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot epics until they ran out. I am now shooting the Easton Bloodline and seem to be very comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                Gold tip Velocity the last few years; I tried Black Eagle last year and didn't like them as much, so I'm back to Gold Tip.

I build a 500 gr arrow with about 18-20% FOC and pin nocks, the Gold Tip components make this easy. I had to hunt around for third party parts to do this with Black Eagle.

It's pretty hard to buy a bad arrow shaft these days. Figure out what you want in weight (or speed) and build it; there are many good options. Most of the people I shoot with are shooting Gold Tip, Easton or Black Eagle though.
                                I'm a far cry from an expert. I was looking at building a 524 grain with a 15% FOC - by my calculation, but was thinking that I needed a 250 spline. 300 was the lowest I saw on the Gold tip. What weight are you pulling?

Comment

Working...
                                X