Buc-ees suggestion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buc-ees suggestion thread.

Keep in mind, this is not a Buc-ees trashing thread.

So some of you may remember last week I posted about finding a EZ fill feeder ( the ones Buc-ees sell ) Well, I had to turn to the green screen and its 82K members o find out which stores had them. The reason I had to do this is because they have no phone number you can call and check to see if they have it, also their website is no help either. I even ask 2 different people at the store in Bastrop if the could call and check inventory at other stores. Long story short, no was the answer. I was informed by the green screen that the Waller store had them, and sure enough they did, well while I was there I happened to see 2 managers walking thru the store. I stopped them and ask them if I could ask them a question, well they of course said yes.I explained my situation to them and the fact there was no way to call or check on inventory, or get one store to contact another. I also explained to them that a good number of people don't live just a few miles away such as myself. The only answer he could give me was on the web page there is a complaint form and the owners actually read it.

So here is my question/possible solution to this.

If everyone that reads this would post up some kind of solution to this, or share a similar experience with Buc-ees, that I could send a link to this thread to the company and maybe they could see we are 82K strong and most of us do stop at a Buc-ees as we are traveling, and not just during hunting season. Maybe then they would create a drop down on their web page for popular items and which stores had them. For most of us it would be Feeders, corn, batteries, spinner plates... you see what I am getting at. I know they can't do this for every item in the store, but a site like TBH and a Texas based company like Buc-ees, maybe something could be worked out.

I was always taught that if you are going in to see the big dogs with a complaint, you need to have a solution to offer up as well.

If a majority think i am way off base with this, then I will not waste any time or energy on it. Again, this is not a bashing thread, just trying to make life a little easier for the ones who don't live close enough to make a quick run by.

I doubt it’s worth it to them. They’re a gas station as a primary business, the fact they sell outdoor good is just to get extra money from you when you stop. The infrastructure to build a live (even updated every24hr) inventory system is expensive and time consuming

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      I doubt it’s worth it to them. They’re a gas station as a primary business, the fact they sell outdoor good is just to get extra money from you when you stop. The infrastructure to build a live (even updated every24hr) inventory system is expensive and time consuming
      Im of this opinion. The people running Buc-ees are very smart people. Im sure they understand what their core business is and exactly what not having what you are suggesting is costing them in possible business. I know their VP in charge of all new store openings.....if I run into him over the holidays like I normally do Ill ask him about it. It seems to be a common complaint.

Comment

The owner is on the TPWD Commission now, he's not worried about selling feeders!!

Comment

How about just one store calling anouther for you option

Comment

It’s a gas station dude. They don’t want to be an academy. They appreciate you not only buying their gas but their expensive food and drinks. An added bonus was that you bought a feeder or two.

Comment

The ice is cheap

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

This. They ain't close to being worried to appease any of us. They have absolutely no problem moving inventory with the way things are currently set up.

Theres plenty of people on here that can answer these questions as well. For instance I can almost always rely on TBH to tell me what the corn price is at buc-ees when I'm on my way to the lease

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Im of this opinion. The people running Buc-ees are very smart people. Im sure they understand what their core business is and exactly what not having what you are suggesting is costing them in possible business. I know their VP in charge of all new store openings.....if I run into him over the holidays like I normally do Ill ask him about it. It seems to be a common complaint.
                  Thanks, I would like to hear his reply.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
                    How about just one store calling anouther for you option
                    That would be a good start.

Comment

I kinda think of them more as a consumer goods store that also sells gas. The fuel and clean restrooms are a way to bring in foot traffic for all the higher margin sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                        I kinda think of them more as a consumer goods store that also sells gas. The fuel and clean restrooms are a way to bring in foot traffic for all the higher margin sales.

The margin on feeders is gonna be 12-25% at best, will probably average around 18.5%. When you look at soft goods and consumables averaging >60% avg margin it doesn’t make sense to invest the massive amount of money on a live inventory system. Clean bathrooms get you in then you remember you need a drink and while you’re walking around you grab some beaver nuggets and jerky

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post

Funny, I see it the other way around: gas station that sells consumer goods. The gas (their business) and clean restrooms bring in foot traffic for all of the higher margin sales (consumer goods).
                          Last edited by HoustonHunter; 11-19-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Interesting points being made, please continue.

Comment

The margin on feeders is gonna be 12-25% at best, will probably average around 18.5%. When you look at soft goods and consumables averaging >60% avg margin it doesn’t make sense to invest the massive amount of money on a live inventory system. Clean bathrooms get you in then you remember you need a drink and while you’re walking around you grab some beaver nuggets and jerky

Haha. I hear ya. I walk into the store for beer. My wife wants to Christmas shop.

Surely they have a live inventory system, as their inventory has to be maintained jit.

Not saying they need to make it accessible to the public, but they know the inventory at every location at all times.

Comment

Working...
                              X