No announcement yet.

I feel like a scumbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happens don’t beat yourself up . He probably will live anyway from the sounds of it they are tough critters

Comment

Spoke to the land owners husband just a few minutes ago. He’s giving me permission to search. He sent me a photo and I don’t know how I feel about it yet. Post ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
        Spoke to the land owners husband just a few minutes ago. He’s giving me permission to search. He sent me a photo and I don’t know how I feel about it yet. Post ASAP.
        At least maybe you can get some closure. A pic? Of the buck still alive?

Comment

its sounds like that isn't a fatal shot at least in the short term? it happens. hopefully you'll get the call to go look so you can feel a little better about it.
          Last edited by BuckRage; 11-14-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            I think Thumper said it on here when he had a lady deny him retrieval, "That's fine I'll just shoot another one." She let him retrieve
            That's funny... good line.

Comment

Don't beat yourself up. You hunt long enough it will happen. You are doing the best you can. Good luck finding him.

Comment

Take your rifle with you...........

Comment

Good luck man. Hopefully you find him down, at least with this weather the meat wont go bad too fast.

Comment

I can’t get the photo to post but it’s definitely him. He looks like he will be ok. The arrow fell out and the land owner found it. I’ve never seen anything like this ever. This broadhead is completely mangled. It looks like I shot it into a concrete wall. I’m relieved that it looks like he will be ok. But now I’m questioning my equipment and my abilities. I’ve never ever seen a broadhead get destroyed like this. So confused.

Comment

Posting the photo is probably going to tell more of the story. First guess says you hit the buck high in the shoulder and the shoulder blade or leg bone tore up your broadhead. Did you shoot the buck at a quartering angle? Which broadhead were you using? Don't tell this crowd you were using a Rage....

Comment

Text me the picture and I’ll post it
                        979-six three 7-0307

Comment

I can’t get the photo to post but it’s definitely him. He looks like he will be ok. The arrow fell out and the land owner found it. I’ve never seen anything like this ever. This broadhead is completely mangled. It looks like I shot it into a concrete wall. I’m relieved that it looks like he will be ok. But now I’m questioning my equipment and my abilities. I’ve never ever seen a broadhead get destroyed like this. So confused.
                          Who found the arrow and took a picture of the buck? The landowners wife?

How much land are we talking about that you hunt on and how much they own? What are the odds of being able to get a picture of this buck after it was shot?

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                            Posting the photo is probably going to tell more of the story. First guess says you hit the buck high in the shoulder and the shoulder blade or leg bone tore up your broadhead. Did you shoot the buck at a quartering angle? Which broadhead were you using? Don't tell this crowd you were using a Rage....
                            This would be my guess too. Alot of things can happen on a 40 yard shot with a bow. Likely ducked the arrow a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by DS_1974 View Post
                              This would be my guess too. Alot of things can happen on a 40 yard shot with a bow. Likely ducked the arrow a little bit.
                              40 yard shot, clear open, perfect broadside shot. As soon as I get home I'll upload the pic of the broadhead and the picture he sent of the buck. I'm certain it was him. The rack looks right and he has a shoulder wound. And it was a Muzzy Broadhead.

Comment

Sounds like the buck will live and you might see him again at some point. I've done the same thing on a bruiser old 7 point. We looked and looked but never found him. One of my lease partners killed him the next year, barely a little scar on his shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                                X