Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any correctional officers on the green screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prison sentence 4 10's 3 days off, uncle Sam pays me good so bash my profession!! Not everyone is made for the military , and not everyone is made to be a co, but I'm a rec spec and wear shorts to work

Comment

So dont

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
        A prison sentence 4 10's 3 days off, uncle Sam pays me good so bash my profession!! Not everyone is made for the military , and not everyone is made to be a co, but I'm a rec spec and wear shorts to work
        Rec Spec myself. 6-2 Mon-Fri. Hunt any evening in the winter and golf any evening is the summer!! LOL 7 more years and I can retire at 49!

Comment

Jtrisler know's what I'm talking about, what's going on fellow rec spec

Comment

I have 16yrs left with military!!

Comment

Jtrisler know's what I'm talking about, what's going on fellow rec spec
              Up and running this morning. Trying to get out of here on time today to climb into a deer stand on this cold day.

To the OP.....the career is what you make it. If I had to start over I don't know that I would choose it. It takes some getting used to. I am in to deep now and they couldn't run me off with a ****ty sock. When he initially starts they will throw him on any shift they want and his days off will suck for a long time. There is a chance to promote and a chance to transfer to other institutions throughout the US. Depends on how mobile he is.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Is there any school requirements other that HS diploma for the state and federal jobs?

I'm going to send him a link to this thread so he can read it.

Comment

Does he have any kind of correctional experience!!

Comment

Meaning no disrespect but there is a big difference between what you do as opposed to to a CO working seg. There are a lot of different positions available in the prison system but starting out in one of them is not easy. Almost any job you find in the freeworld is available in the prison system. Any thing from food service to accounting can be had if you are qualified and know the right people. Heavy on know the right people.

Comment

I know that, the man son has to get hired first and I'm here to help!!!

Comment

But people on here were already starting to make it a horror story, so if you are no help to this man and his son move on!!

Comment

He has no experience in this field.

Is there any school requirements other that HS diploma for the state and federal jobs?

Is it hard to work to get hired on doing something other than a CO?

Comment

Pretty much what the state requires high school diploma and anyone can get hired for the state, Now fed they prefer some kind of experience law enforcement , college schooling background , The biggest thing us getting his foot in the door he'll do his time as a co cause we are based of seniority and we start at the bottom like alot of us have, and once he does his time and has other backgrounds that can help him get other jobs within the bureau system

Maintenance , teacher, food service , receiving, recreation , counselor, case manager ( degree required)

Comment

Sorry for spelling hands are frozen in the blind!!!

Comment

Oh one more thing I'm not bashing the state I started their and know what it's like just different standards!!

Comment

Working...
                                X