Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
    A 278" deer is $53,000
    And lose your hunting priveleges for a few seasons...

Comment

The GW may have given him a ticket, but has he appeared in court yet? GW ticket is not a verdict. I got a ticket once for having a deer that was 12 3/4". It was my first citation from a GW, so I asked him how the process worked. He told me it was similar to a speeding ticket where you go to court, make a plea and receive your sentence. The Grimes County DA had a lot of people in a very small court the day I went. I must have been the least of his worries that day. When he got to my case, he asked me "you want to pay court cost and I'll dismiss?" I quickly replied "Yes sir." He said done, I signed, paid and was on my way.

I've been very careful to be certain about antler size since then.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
        The GW may have given him a ticket, but has he appeared in court yet? GW ticket is not a verdict. I got a ticket once for having a deer that was 12 3/4". It was my first citation from a GW, so I asked him how the process worked. He told me it was similar to a speeding ticket where you go to court, make a plea and receive your sentence. The Grimes County DA had a lot of people in a very small court the day I went. I must have been the least of his worries that day. When he got to my case, he asked me "you want to pay court cost and I'll dismiss?" I quickly replied "Yes sir." He said done, I signed, paid and was on my way.

I've been very careful to be certain about antler size since then.
        Very similar to mine, I called to ask about the fine and didn't even end up in court. I was honest with the JOP and he didn't throw the book at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
          A 278" deer is $53,000
          But an honest Christian wouldn’t do such thing now would he?

Comment

but when their deer hits my car, they don't pay. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              but when their deer hits my car, they don't pay. Go figure.
              I know thats right lol.

Comment

Restitution only applies if convicted, you can break the law and have liency from the judge, I know.......
                I commercial fish for a living

Comment

State fine is different than federal fine. Federal is $2500 state is much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's the states deer till it wrecks your car or landscape

Comment

Judges have nothing to do with restitution amounts....ticket and fine are criminal, restitution is civil.

Comment

Working...
                      X