Droopys Final Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droopys Final Chapter

Where do I begin? This buck has been on our radar now for 2 years and it has been a absolute blast chasing him. Last year my dad was sitting in my stand and saw droopy he was a 8 last year with really good tine length but dad gave him the pass and told us to leave him alone until this year. One unique thing about this buck is that his left ear was broke and always was tucked down beside his neck, that's where he got his name "droopy".
    Well fast forward to this year, we have corn out year around and droop started showing up almost everyday at my stand through July and August and man was I getting excited. Every week we would go check cameras and we got to see his growth, this year he had put one on his left side and was now a big 9. About 2 weeks before the season started he disappeared and didn't show back up until the last week of October. I was scared to death something had happened to him, but when he showed back up he went back to being a regular. This deer was not easy to kill though I would take off work for 2 days and then the day I went back to work... guess who shows up, or id not be able to hunt a Saturday morning and guess who would show up... so I knew if I put my time in he would be there!!
    Fast forward to Friday, I take off work early and head to the stand with my dad. Before I climb up the tree I pull my card and I have 800 pics since Sunday which was the most I had ever had on this particular camera. After checking all pics I didn't have a single one of droop and I just knew a rifle hunter had got him so the hopes of seeing him were not there at all. At 5:20 that evening I had a small buck at the feeder when I heard some leaves crunching behind me but I couldn't see what it was. I looked down at the buck at the feeder and he is all bristled up and staring back that way and a tiny spike comes walking up but I hear something else back there. The small spike and the other little buck take off and all the sudden there stands droopy broke ear and all and I was star struck! I couldn't believe he was finally in!!! I grab my bow and he walks the back side of my food plot and eases into the feeder, when he dropped his head to eat I drew back and held steady and release the rage to do damage! I smoked him, when he took off blood was pumping out of him like you wouldn't believe. I called dad and could barely breathe he told me to wait till dark and we could go find him together..... it was worst than waiting on Christmas morning to open gifts!!!

In the end we found droopy about 60 yards from where I shot him. This is a hunt I will never forget and getting to do the recovery with my dad is something I will always cherish. Sorry for the long read but its a story I had to tell!!!!

Great writeup, but where's the pics of Droopy?!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shot! Glad you did it with your Bow!

Comment

Congrats on a Great Buck

Comment

This was my son Greyson’s first experience with a deer and I think he was KINDA excited!!

Comment

Nicely done

Comment

Great read and awesome success.

Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

Good looking buck nothing like bringing down a old warrior like old droopy congratulations

Comment

Sliced him like a zipper!!! Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Creed Killer View Post

This was my son Greyson’s first experience with a deer and I think he was KINDA excited!!

That picture is priceless!!! Congratulations on a great buck!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X