X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Nice buck - congratulations! Sounds like it has been a pretty good season in Eastland County so far. On Saturday I ran into the new owner of Rust Deer Plant - he said that they've already had over 350 deer dropped off.
      Wow! I knew we had been hearing a bunch of gun shots this year. How's your new place?

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
          Wow! I knew we had been hearing a bunch of gun shots this year. How's your new place?
          Haven't seen a whole lot of deer so far. - just a few does and scraggly young bucks. Biggest problem I think - the pigs have pretty much taken over. Battle Creek runs through the place and it is a major pig highway. After deer season we will get after them in earnest, including using a big remote controlled trap. We will also put in some plots next year - hopefully that will attract some more deer.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              Haven't seen a whole lot of deer so far. - just a few does and scraggly young bucks. Biggest problem I think - the pigs have pretty much taken over. Battle Creek runs through the place and it is a major pig highway. After deer season we will get after them in earnest, including using a big remote controlled trap. We will also put in some plots next year - hopefully that will attract some more deer.
              Good luck. Pigs are the scourge of the earth! Before I bought this place, I looked at one South of you where Battle Creek ran through it. All I saw was pig tracks when I walked it. Told the Broker to show me something else!

But food plots will help more than anything. We've got about 10 acres of quality plots with multiple things growing and we are drawing deer from every place around us. We walked our fence lines and I can't tell you the number of trails that are coming onto our place because of the quality food source.

Comment

Very nice, congrats

Comment

Congrats! Good buck!

Comment

Nice Deer!

Comment

Nice one, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                      X