No announcement yet.

jeans at a funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't matter. Your there to show respect not walk the red carpet. My dad only wears overalls. He will put on his nicest pair to wear to funerals.

Comment

acceptable or not? the starched jeans got me wondering because im going to a funeral tomorrow and really dont want to wear a suit
      A funeral is not about you. It is about respecting the one who passed and their family. If jeans show that respect so be it, if not - suit up.

Comment

No. If you have better, then wear it, show some respect. I figure if you thought enough to dress up in your wedding, then do the same here.

Comment

If it’s acceptable to you then go for it. I’ve worn jeans to funerals to include my fathers cause that’s what I wear not what others want me to wear.

Comment

I'm old school. Wear a suit.

Comment

Out here in NW Oklahoma jeans are much more common than suits, farm country where the vast majority don't own a suit

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                It doesn't matter. Your there to show respect not walk the red carpet. My dad only wears overalls. He will put on his nicest pair to wear to funerals.
                Buried my uncle in a brand new pair

Comment

I think you dress to show respect for the dead. If all you have is jeans then wear your best ones. I also think every man should at least own one suit.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I think you dress to show respect for the dead. If all you have is jeans then wear your best ones. I also think every man should at least own one suit.
                    One suit is all you need. It's for marryin and buryin.

Comment

My opinion is, as long as you look nice it's fine. If somebody is worried about your appearance at the funeral, then their priorities are not right.

Also, you should at least have a pair of dark jeans, and that's what I'd wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        One suit is all you need. It's for marryin and buryin.
                        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                          Usually it’s jeans and a sport coat for
                          Me. Sometimes a tie also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Same here

Comment

No.

Comment

I wear jeans to church all the time, however when it comes to a funeral I am wearing a suit and tie....that's just me though....I don't judge someone if they come to the funeral in jeans. The important thing is they are there.

Comment

Acceptable!

Comment

Working...
                                X