Ethical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rconn View Post
    I believe this is how it's being handled.
    Just based on your op there was not any info given that a gw could use to locate your dad, or the property in question. How did they know who the landowner is?

Comment

Guess he chose to stay out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
        Turn em in. If not makes u just as guilty.
        Not if he didn't see the poaching. Still debatable if you watch someone poach if you're just as guilty as the poacher.

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
        Would you get involved if a dude had his junk out urinating in front of your wife at Denny's at 2 am?

Signed,'

Terry
        Heck yes. Don't need my wife seeing any other mans junk. Then she may realize how small I am

From now on I will only ask questions about pea gravel, monster fawns and humping a dog until it pees
        You're allowed to discuss chili, spikes, and crossbows also. Just FYI And hot fat chicks in Wal-Mart

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Just based on your op there was not any info given that a gw could use to locate your dad, or the property in question. How did they know who the landowner is?
          Land owner is my dad's friend and land owner called the game warden himself. All is right in the world again

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I don't understand why people like this wait until deer season to poach.
            True, true.

Comment

Any way the place they were hunting was MLD?

Comment

Snitches get stitches

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  Snitches get stitches

Actually, they get cash rewards from Operation Game Thief!

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    Anonymous call to OGT

And never speak of it again. You stay out of any drama and they get checked & educated.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                      Actually, they get cash rewards from Operation Game Thief!
                      Hmmmm
                      On second thought....

Comment

Ethical question

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        See if you can get a reward and FRY them.

I saw what you did there! [emoji23]

That still blows my mind

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
                          Unless you saw the dead deer with your own eyes what you heard is more of a rumor in the eyes of the law. Not saying your dad is lying but the information you have is hearsay. Just playing devils advocate what if the information is wrong and the GW shows up at your neighbors place and finds nothing illegal. Then your neighbors think your a jerk for calling the cops on them and there goes your good relationship with your neighbors. Pick your battles wisely buddy.
                          Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                          Exactly.

Not my place, not my business. Never worth spoiling a relationship over a deer. They’re a dime a dozen.
                          I agree with this. If the game wardens just happen to stop by, then they know it's going to be your dad or someone he told, aka you...

If it were me, I would suggest to my dad to ask them if they know the county rules. If they do, and I hear about it again, I'm going to turn them in.

First rule of doing illegal **** is don't tell people you're doing illegal ****.
                          If you do, and get caught, can't blame anyone else...

That way your dad can either tell them to stop, tell them to read the rules, or keep what he knows to himself.
                          Not sure how close your dad is to them, but he's close enough to have them tell him some stuff.
                          Not sure that's worth spoiling a friendship over at this point.

Comment

I’d operation game thief em in a heartbeat. Can’t stand poachers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8604352-4C99-4C64-A963-E7A0431F0498.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	24560023

Comment

Land owner is my dad's friend and land owner called the game warden himself. All is right in the world again
                              Well, the landowner didn't like a trust being broken, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                                You’re going to get lots of options on this one. I’d turn em in. They are no better than those of us that follow the rules and laws. I hope the GW catches them and hangs them. But then I’m a Republican.
                                Same here...BS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X