Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get an owl out of your chimney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry op didn't mean to jack your post up. Apologies !

Comment

I wouldn't bother the game warden with this....he has better things to do on the second week of general season in my humble opinion. Do what you got to do to take care of this unfortunate incident and move on.

Comment

You make it very uncomfortable for him to stay.

Comment

Ok, the owl has been set free. We got in after dark from my daughter's and grandson's birthday party and my said that the varmint had to be gotten out of her house tonight.

Well it's already dark and too dangerous to get up on the second story roof in the dark. After a little head scratching and figuring I decided to remove the fireplace grate and cover the opening with a folding table turned on it's side. I reached in and opened the damper and assumed that it would drop down into the firebox.

About 10 minutes later it dropped. I called my two grandsons over to help me catch it without causing to much "sport". I put on a pair of welding gloves, picked up a blanket to cover the opening, and had one grandson move the table.

I dropped the blanket over it and grabbed it, took it outside and released it. It flew off into the darkness like nothing ever happened. Nothing exciting about it. Went over well. I'll post some pictures in the morning when I can get my daughter to do it. I'm pretty slow on computer stuff.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Comment

Start a fire with a mixture of pecan and peach wood. He will either leave or you will have a smoked owl, hence the pecan/peach wood. Smoked owl is second only to whooping crane, but they don’t get in chimneys, unlike their stork cousins when delivering babies ��

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
              Start a fire
              I can just imagine that conversation with the firefighters.

"Ok sir. How'd your house burn down?"

"Well there was an owl stuck in the chimney so I started up the fireplace. He went up in flames,flew out and crashed into the blinds hanging by the window which went ablaze. Bounced off and rolled under the couch. About 3 minutes later the couch and carpet was on fire. I took off my shirt and commenced to beatin the flames out. Before I knew it there was a lot of flames."
              Last edited by okrattler; 11-10-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X