Cost of rural water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of rural water

$2500 for our meter and we had to run the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigdaddy590; 11-07-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
      I currently have 2 2500 gal water tanks the cost around $1k each, but I started with just one.
      I'm catching off of 1side on a singlewide trailer and a 18 x 20 metal carport for a total of 840 sq. ft of surface area.
      using plastic gutters and 4 inch pvc drain pipe I catch about 75% of the water that falls on it. my family goes out with me 6 days out of every 3 weeks and haven't had any issues with using too much water.

I have plans on a wrap around porch and a 30x90 metal roof over the whole thing and a 8 tank battery to store it all.
      This works but I wouldn't consider drinking this.

Comment

Those cost seem about right. I paid to bring water onto my land. Best decision ever.

If you ever decide to sell that cost will pay for itself multiple times over.

Comment

They quoted me close to $5,000 14 years ago for a water line, meter, etc. I couldn't afford it, so I put in a 1,500 gallon tank and buy my water from a delivery service out of Abilene. We don't live there, so it's weekends only from Sept. 1 thru the end of the year and it works for us. In retrospect, I should have done it, but at the time after buying the land, buying a mobile home, bringing in power, digging a septic, etc., just couldn't pull it off. If you're going to live there, I'd try and figure out someway to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
            I'd be curious what y'all would do in this situation
            How much land?
            Do you live there?
            If not, how often will people be there, how many people, and what kinds of water-heavy activities will they participate in?
            Do you want a pond?
            Is there a structure?
            If yes, how many square feet of roof do you have?

Comment

Price sounds right these days. We have good water with our rural system. Don't have to jack with pump and my bill runs about $50/month for 4 people.

Comment

Where is this ?

Comment

It will add value to the land for sure. Especially if a well is not an option.

Comment

So I just recently received the opportunity to get rural water at my property, but the price seems a little crazy. The quote I received was $6000 to get the line to my gate, plus $2500 for the meter, and sign a contract for a monthly plan that has a $32 monthly minimum. After all of that, I'll still have to get water to my cabin site about 150 yards away. Is this crazy or is this normal?

I currently don't have, or have access to an utilities. I'd be curious what y'all would do in this situation
                    I paid $6,500 +/- in 2016. That was to bring a 4'' line to my gate with a meter and then a 2'' line to my home site. Total distance was around 750 yards and included boring under a creek, twice. I have a monthly minimum of $24.50.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      How much land?
                      Do you live there?
                      If not, how often will people be there, how many people, and what kinds of water-heavy activities will they participate in?
                      Do you want a pond?
                      Is there a structure?
                      If yes, how many square feet of roof do you have?
                      84 acres
                      No
                      A few times a month
                      Have a pond
                      No structure currently

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                        Where is this ?
                        Jacobia, just north of Greenville

Comment

Well, we decided we're going to do it. One other thing that the water company mentioned is that they will have to put the main line on our property because the county won't allow them to put it on county property. They said about 10' inside property line, and I'll have to give them access in case a line breaks or other issue comes up. Does all this sound normal?

Comment

Well, we decided we're going to do it. One other thing that the water company mentioned is that they will have to put the main line on our property because the county won't allow them to put it on county property. They said about 10' inside property line, and I'll have to give them access in case a line breaks or other issue comes up. Does all this sound normal?
                            Yep along with a 15 or 20' easement.

Comment

When they do draw up the easement, tell them you would like a recorded copy for your records. You may need this if you ever sell your property.

Comment

I am in the drill a well camp. Then you are not restricted by them in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X