• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geico

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod3367 View Post
      Geico
      I am not an expert. Heck, I wouldn't even call myself "knowledgeable" on the subject. My gf, though, works PI and they all say Geico is by far the worst among the big-name ins co's. Not sure of the reasoning. Just what I've heard.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you're well enough to be dealing with this headache, as crappy as the situation may be.

Comment

Geico
        Time for a new insurance company.

Comment

Geico
          You mean you can't get the lizard on the phone??

Glad your ok!

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

They can't commit to pay for your rental until they get some details of the claim. You can get a rental back personally by you and it will be moved to your claim once they get it all sorted out. Contact your agent for clarification.

Comment

My mom was the middle car in one of those pancake wrecks a few months ago. Everyone traded info and turns out the person who hit her had a fake insurance card.
                Last edited by CEO; 11-06-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I have full coverage, but theyre telling me they cant do anything untill theyre absolutely sure she is uninsured. no rental no anything.
                  that sounds like you're being shafted

I got hit and slammed into the median on 635 and the driver took off, nobody got their plates so USAA considered it a hit and run/uninsured motorist claim, I had all my repairs covered and a rental for 3 weeks covered. I'd be asking to speak with the boss of whoever told you they're not doing anything. Texas has a law and I believe it minimizes the out of pocket that insurance can charge you for uninsured motorist accidents

Comment

It doesnt sound right to me either. Im gonna check on it this evening
                    It's the way the system works. It's right and you'll eventually be covered if you have uninsured motorist. They'll start your claim under your collision coverage. If you don't have Rental Reimbursement, go get a rental car, you'll pay for it up front, but when they are able to confirm that the at-fault driver did in fact have no insurance, they'll switch it over from Collision to your Uninsured Motorist coverage, charge you the lower deductible and reimburse you for any legitimate rental car costs.

It's a pain, but it's the way it works.

Comment

I have full coverage and uninsured driver on my policy. My wife got hit by an uninsured driver, my insurance took care of the repairs but now our premium has gone up significantly during the past three years due to that claim.

Comment

I'm just waiting for my premium to go up. It's coming

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                          If you have collision coverage, they can work your claim under that and not have to wait for verification of her insurance. It will be subject to your collision deductible and won't provide for rent car unless you have rental coverage.

Your deductible is likely $500 or more. UM deductible is set at $250 and provides rent car as your UM coverage basically becomes liability coverage for the uninsured driver. Of course it will be necessary to verify she doesn't have coverage.

I'd have them open the claim as collision and change to UM when it is confirmed she is uninsured.

Trailboss

This feller ^^^ "is" an expert. I'd listen to his advise any day.

Comment

My brother was involved in a motorcycle accident. It was 6:50a.m. so still dark. Took off from a red light behind a car turning left. Car went to outside lane he went to the inside lane. A kid was dared by his piers to run across the road. He cleared the car barely. Giving my brother zero time to react. The kid is gonna make it but banged up good. My brother is banged up as well. The kid didn't use a crosswalk. Was j walking is at fault. My brother only had liability insurance. So he's feeling your pain!

Comment

Insurance is require..by law...Why not automatic Jail Time ...10d or 30d

Comment

Working...
                              X