• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next episode..,,

The https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000466159887

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a thought. Nice to speak with him to know his hunting methods, terrain judgement, habits, gear, weapon of choice, animal habit, and any other nuance. It would be like the feds trying to get into a serial killers mind....

Comment

Originally posted by The Skunk Ape View Post
        So everyone wants to read it but nobody wants to buy it. Pretty much poaching themselves. We love throwing stones
        I look at it as not rewarding him with profit off of poaching. By the way, he sent me my copy for free.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly what’s the difference reading this, an outlaw poacher. Or Jesse James an outlaw bank/train robber, gang leader......

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            Honestly what’s the difference reading this, an outlaw poacher. Or Jesse James an outlaw bank/train robber, gang leader......

One killed animals. The other killed people. People are not animals no matter how many “fur baby” references you hear now days. I don’t care for poachers, but I care less for people who visit violent crime upon fellow citizens. Not even in the same ballpark for me.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              I thought he might of said in the podcast he was tryin by the end of summer for part 2? Don’t catch me lying.

Just buy the dang book - I thought blow was a great movie - doesn’t mean I support or condone selling cocaine in mass quantities . Gimme a break

Sir, your logic is misplaced amongst the illogical. And don’t watch Silence of the Lambs or you’re in direct support of cannibalistic murder as well.

Comment

put me inline please

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                  you could fit several deer in the trunk of an old Studebaker!

Ha! That ain't many deer. You could get 6 with room the spare under the trunk of a 67 Ford Fairlane 390 GTA. Made the thing feel like it had power steering too

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Ha! That ain't many deer. You could get 6 with room the spare under the trunk of a 67 Ford Fairlane 390 GTA. Made the thing feel like it had power steering too
                    Must have been hill country deer

Comment

I bought one and read the book. It was pretty interesting but I hunted south Texas in the 70s too when fences didn't mean much. I loaned my copy to my buddy who was going threw some cancer treatments and he said his wife lost it. Going to order a another one when book two comes out.

Comment

Seeing this thread reminds me of my Grandmother in her later years. We were talking about the great depression, they lived in Kingsville at that time.
                        They raised veggies, truck farmed for extra money pretty hard times.
                        She said the only meat they got was what my Grandpa could poach off the King ranch, she would drop him off in the dark, he would spend the night and she would pick him up the next in the dark.
                        She said exactly what we have all heard about people not coming out if caught, he always had her drop him off and pick up in different spots. Brought the boned out meat in tow sacks she sewed into a backpack.

Comment

Is this book still open for check out? I just heard the podcast "the big honker" and I would love to read this book.

Comment

I just saw this thread.I met that fellow a few years ago working on a ranch in Walnut Springs he’s a unique guy to say the least.I really kinda felt sorry for the man, he killed a lot of big deer and had some really exciting adventures but the man I met seemed like a empty hollow shell of a person.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                              I just saw this thread.I met that fellow a few years ago working on a ranch in Walnut Springs he’s a unique guy to say the least.I really kinda felt sorry for the man, he killed a lot of big deer and had some really exciting adventures but the man I met seemed like a empty hollow shell of a person.

I feel like that’s how most of those old outlaws are after they are rehabilitated. All there passion and energy was wrapped up in the crimes they committed. Nothing else really excites them.

Comment

Where do you buy this book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X