Air Compressor Storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
    Have a 85 gallon at work and we drain it daily and still get about 1/8 cup of water out of it
    I did service calls for paint systems. had one for "this piece of junk wont keep up" drained 20 gallons of water from a 26 gallon tank. it really came down to displacement.

Comment

Auto drain valve here.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
        all air tanks will have a bleed valve at the bottom. crack it open for a small leak of water. and keep it open all the time. if you worry about water on the floor. take off the factory bleed type. replace it with 1/8 or 1/4 brass. run a hose outside to vent any water. I have seen tanks 20 plus years old and ones that failed after just 3.
        This is how I handle it, just a small purge going all the time. Wont ever build water. I only keep mine plugged in when using it.

Comment

the one in my shop stays pressured up all the time. I periodically drain it. All the shops I have been around leave them pressured up.

Comment

My portable is usually emptied and drained after use unless I plan on using it again soon

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
              Auto drain valve here.
              Link?

Comment

So I know if I do not drain from the bottom and leave water in it, the tank rusts from the inside. There is no way to inspect the inside.

I seem to recall when I first bought both of my compressors we aired them up to 120 psi and opened the drain valve and let it run for some time. This pushed out all of the water. I guess I could also do this once a month.

On humid days I'm always surprised at how much water pours out. Since my husband does not drain it from the bottom plug, I try to drain it once a week to make sure the water has been removed. Usually there is quite a bit of water.

Comment

Working...
                X