• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that is an amazing track.

Rwc

Comment

Great job!

Comment

So great job find deer however . Did you tag it ? as you killed the deer . Unless I a missing something ?

Comment

Serious question, since you technically killed the deer with your pistol do you have to tag the deer since the hunter wasn't the one who actually did the deed? I have always wondered what law is on baying up a deer with just a leg wound or something else that isn't necessarily a fatal hit.

Comment

Congrats on a fantastic dog.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              So great job find deer however . Did you tag it ? as you killed the deer . Unless I a missing something ?
              Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                Serious question, since you technically killed the deer with your pistol do you have to tag the deer since the hunter wasn't the one who actually did the deed? I have always wondered what law is on baying up a deer with just a leg wound or something else that isn't necessarily a fatal hit.

Y'all don't be bringing legality into this story

Comment

Awesome! Way to go!

Courtney will chime in on the legality and it will be along the lines of - a tracker with a tracking dog can legally dispatch a wounded deer for the hunter. The hunter shall use their own tag on the deer.

Believe this cause it is true.

Comment

Good job. Congrats

Comment

awesome, congrats!

Comment

Nice buck, congrats on the recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                          For future reference, where are you located? Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          I'm in Round Rock, usually take tracks within 2 hours of home.

Comment

No. Under Texas law, I am legally allowed to put down this deer.

Sec. 61.060. DEFENSE TO PROSECUTION: HUMANE DISPATCH OF CERTAIN GAME ANIMALS AND BIRDS. (a) In this section:

(1) "Dispatch" means to kill by any humane method.

(2) "Game animal" has the meaning assigned by Section 63.001.

(3) "Game bird" has the meaning assigned by Section 64.001.

(b) It is a defense to prosecution for a violation of this chapter or of a regulation adopted or proclamation issued under the authority of this chapter by the commission that the actor dispatched a game animal or game bird that:

(1) was mortally wounded, not through the actor's conduct; or

(2) behaved in a manner that:

(A) is inconsistent with the manner in which a game animal or game bird that is not diseased typically behaves; and

(B) leads a reasonable person to believe that the game animal or game bird poses a substantial risk of serious harm to itself, a person, or other wildlife.

(c) The commission may adopt rules, including rules concerning the disposition of a game animal or a game bird that has been dispatched under this section, to implement this section.

Comment

Nice work, give ol Rosie an extra bone for all that work !!!

Comment

Thats awesome, congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X