Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hix View Post
    He was on the list....
    Farm truck was off said list and removed from lease.. poor guy must have had to walk to the stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This made me lol

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        This made me lol
        Me too

Comment

wow, this thread is still going!

Comment

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            This made me lol

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Me too

Normally I post serious stuff about hunting but with all the “lists” and him being in Oklahoma I just had too. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Mr Miller, Im not choosing sides on this cluster F but I will say you lost a lot of credibility when you shot and didnt recover a deer and didnt tell anyone about it.
              Apparently he did tell someone about or else they would not have known. I don't see anywhere where anyone is saying that he lied about shooting at the deer. There was never a lie told he just never made an announcement about shooting at a deer.

Now he didn't go running back to camp saying hey guys I shot at a deer but I can't find him. Is it a violation to not tell someone that you couldn't find a deer right away?

If you shoot and miss a deer to go back to camp and tell everyone exactly what deer you shot at, then reference the list and review pictures to confirm what deer you shot at?

Was the deer shot or did you miss? Any blood?

Comment

I was going to read through all these posts but I figured 5.5min of scrolling thru would catch me up to everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by fishinguy View Post
                  There was never a lie told he just never made an announcement about shooting at a deer.
                  That's called lying by omission and generally I think you'd be expected to share taking a shot at a highly discussed buck. The rules probably don't say to flush the toilet after your morning deuce by it's a generally expected courtesy.

Is it a violation to not tell someone that you couldn't find a deer right away?
                  It's a pretty clear violation of trust on a deer lease with a common management plan not to disclose that you hit a deer and did not recover it.

If you shoot and miss a deer to go back to camp and tell everyone exactly what deer you shot at,
                  ?
                  Every time. People generally want to know how the hunt went. What'd you see, when, etc.? It's been like this on every hunt in every camp I've ever been in.

Comment

lol to funny

Comment

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this nonsense on the lease I'm on. We are all management minded and all have an idea of what a mature buck in the area we hunt in should look like as well as the ratios. Not to mention we're all grown *** men that don't need others telling us what we can cannot shoot based on their opinions, we all pay equally to hunt, we all have equal decisions. The only one who we let make the final call is the landowner which we communicate well with him and he has given all the option to us. We don't have the best cell service where we hunt and we rarely are all in camp at the same time, most of the time we are only there 1 at a time. Not a **** one of us expects the others to tell us everything they do down there at every minute of every day. Its hunting camp for crying out loud. Go there, have fun, relax, shoot something and tell us the story when you get back. We promise we're not gonna cry about it and go whine on a public forum so that half of the world can agree with us and make us feel better about whining about it.

It's great to have a management plan and be on the same page...but be on the same page. Its retarded to be all butt hurt because a member didnt handle it the way you feel he should have, but evidently that's the direction much of this country is headed anyway. If someone doesn't live and breath the way you do they're wrong. Disrespectful or not, the man handled it the way he felt it should have been handled as a man, and as his own person and not someone's slave its not up to anyone else to tell him how to handle his business. If the "lease manager", and I use that term very loosely, does it agree with how it was handled, then that's between the two of them or even between the members to discuss and either find a solution or pull your big girl panties up and move on.

For the sake of sanity in this country quit turning something else so many people enjoy to do, and some that would give anything to just be able to do, into a pit of misery...or maybe that's the angle, make everyone miserable so they'll all leave and you can have it all to yourself. My goodness men, its only a deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        That's called lying by omission and generally I think you'd be expected to share taking a shot at a highly discussed buck. The rules probably don't say to flush the toilet after your morning deuce by it's a generally expected courtesy.

It's a pretty clear violation of trust on a deer lease with a common management plan not to disclose that you hit a deer and did not recover it.

?
                        Every time. People generally want to know how the hunt went. What'd you see, when, etc.? It's been like this on every hunt in every camp I've ever been in.
                        Thank you for saving my all the typing. This would have been identical to how I would've replied.

Comment

TBH jury have you reached a verdict? I'm thinking we need more testimony. We need to hear from the other 5 guys on the lease.

It's a good thread and interesting discussion, but I think the thing that is missing is this. IF you have a problem with someone you should go discuss it man to man. Not sure that was done here.

Comment

Working...
                          X