Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t believe Chew shot the elephant!

Comment

I got nothing....

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
        The OP has told about 37 different stories of what happened. How do we know the shooter was dishonest?
        Also, how would the other member know about it if he didn’t tell anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
          If everyone was allowed one taint kick per day to use on anyone they see fit the world would be a more polite place.
          We can say taint on tbh?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
            The OP has told about 37 different stories of what happened. How do we know the shooter was dishonest?

We don't....technically we don't know if this is not all made up.. so ....

Hell the OP could be the offender if you want to reach for hypo-theticals..

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Yeah, I can see the problem.....
              Crystal clear

Comment

For all you Deer agers this may help...

Table 1. Percent of experienced deer biologists who
                correctly identified the age class of free-ranging
                whitetail deer of known age in two studies from
                south-central Oklahoma using photographs (photo)
                or teeth eruption and wear patterns (jawbone)
                (Gee, 2010 and Gee, 1997).
                Known Age Class
                of Deer
                Correct Response (%)
                Photo
                (n = 107)
                Jawbone
                (n = 34% P Jaw B
                1.5 year old 62 91 The 62 is % correct Photo 91% is Jawbone correct
                2.5 year old 43 55 and so on down list
                3.5 year old 25 29
                4.5 year old 30 23
                5.5 year old 25 44
                6.5 year old 15 4
                7.5 year old 7 0
                8.5 year old 7 0
                9.5 year old 7 0
                10.5 year old 2 0
                In 201
                Last edited by cva34; 11-03-2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

I'm 100% sure there was no deer shot, no hunter getting kicked off, no hit list, no lease rules, and no lease manager.
                  Good fishin trip though.

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
                    a lease should be a fun place to hunt and unwind good friend and fellowship
                    with all the rules and a list of shooters and non shooter just kills it for me
                    what ever happen to just hunting with good friends what happens if a buck shows
                    up that has not been seen before might be a buck of a life time but not on kill list
                    dang hard to let him walk
                    X2

Makes me appreciate my lease much more

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      Well he was never put on the list for sure but the member thought since he was probably 5.5 he was a shooter because 5.5 are older was fair game !! But remember this buck was on the the no kill list because we had pictures of him for the last two years on and off through the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      If the buck wasn’t put on the list “for sure” and he was 5.5 I don’t see that he did anything wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        You are on the side of the member who shot the deer even though he hid that fact from all members?...

Wouldn’t the no shoot/shoot list be irrelevant when a guy doesn’t have the integrity to tell his lease boss or other members he shot a deer and couldn’t find it? How many times has he done this before and how many times does he do it going forward?

Fix the shoot no shoot list with the other members after this dishonest fella is gone.....
                        Well I didn't get that far into the thread

If OP had included that in his opening remarks it would have made a difference

I don't like being around sneaky people on a deer lease. Especially the type that like to be at the lease only when no other members are around or just when their scheming buddies are there

I still couldn't fault someone for killing a deer that meets requirements but is on an imaginary list to pass
                        I would prefer to either have a set of requirements or a consensus by the group by game cam pics of which deer were approved to shoot

Comment

Ugh, why did I click on this thread?

Comment

Jerry Springer material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And this is why I no longer get on leases.

Comment

Sounds to me like you need to be more clear about the rules and communicate them clearly to all lease members. All rules and penalties must be followed but if a rule or change of rules is not clearly communicated to all lease members that is on the lease manager. Also, if a member breaks a rule you are not "being that manger," the member is making the decision to break the rule, not you. He has chosen to accept the penalty when making the decision. Unfortunately, it is your job to enforce the rules.
                                If this deer was on the NO KILL list and all members were aware of it then the penalty must be enforced.

Comment

Working...
                                X