Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crc View Post
    Broad head was too confused whether or not the blades should be deployed because the buck was most definitely maybe should of for sure on the no kill probable shoot list.

This is the only plausible way that the deer wasn't cut completely and cleanly in half.

Comment

I would say if y’all want deer to be 6.5 years old then put that on list not 5.5 too many rules and do not kill and kill list probably caused your problem. I would say just make 1 qualifying deer rule and leave it like that

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Ttt

Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
          Anybody who can put up with me can't be too bad, right? (Hi Jim!)

Saved!...

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            I would say people are being a little hard on lease boss. Trying to grow bigger deer is a hard thing. Now with that being said, the rules are a little murky. Lease boss needs to clean the list up a bit before next season. When you have multiple people on a lease, the rules need to be clear. Not only the rule, but the penalty for breaking that rules needs to be written down as well.

After reading this, I could see maybe letting him off the hook because of the rules. But Lease boss dropped a bomb when he said that the hunter shot the buck and lost him and never told anyone.. That is a big NONO. He has to go. If a guy does that, he will do it again. No one can trust a guy like that. Get rid of him and move on. CLEAN UP THE RULES. Make sure everyone knows that there will be deer put on the NO SHOOT list. Might consider just having a Kill List. Deer on this list can be killed Regardless of age. If a new deer shows up, film him and get him approved.

But Guy has to go for shooting a deer and not telling anyone that he did and lost him.

I agree with this 100%.....The rest of the stuff is irrelevant when you take into account the red part....period..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I agree with this 100%.....The rest of the stuff is irrelevant when you take into account the red part....period..

Agreed, but the remainder of the convoluted mess needs to be sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Seems like there is a whole lot to this. Judging off everything I read this guy will continue to be a problem. Get rid of him, there are 10000 people looking for a good lease out there. In the future you need to make sure EVERYONE on the lease is on the same page if there is a "No Shoot" list. Make the rules very clear and black and white. Do not leave a grey area. That seems to be what happened on this particular deer. The fact he had already wounded a deer and kept that to himself is totally unacceptable and would get him the immediate boot on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Was never listed on the kill list!!

Then move on and go hunt. Give him a beer and a high five.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    but the remainder of the convoluted mess needs to be sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sure it does.....with the OTHER members..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Sure it does.....with the OTHER members..
                      Agreed.

Comment

The main thing that stands out to me is that he shot a buck, did not recover it and then kept quite about it.

He would be done shooting any more bucks even if the deer shows back up alive.

If the deer is on a no kill list then that would be problem #2. If both situations are true then he would not be invited back next year. But it doesnt appear that this no kill list was not very clear to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          If this thread is any indication there may be a communication problem
                          Pretty much this........there is a communication issue there.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            Yeah, I can see the problem.....
                            Same

Comment

Way too much drama over a deer. Spilled milk move on try not to let it happen again good grief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say have a sit down with everyone and let them all know it is was a misunderstanding and learn from it. Let the shooter know that the rules do not allow him to shoot another trophy unless deer is found to be okay.

Next question, is the deer now on the hit list if still alive?

Comment

Working...
                                X