Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hunt in the Field Store/Waller area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Took this picture from the truck, Rice RD and Wigwam, less than 100yrds from my bow stand.
    Very good looking deer! Looks like he still has some growing years left but great rack!

Comment

Yep, can't hand feed him but he'll stand back 15 yards and watch you fill the feeder-box with corn......

His mother was orphaned by road kill and a neighbor with kid goats took her in, you could hand feed and pet her after she got to know you. All of her fawns are/were a little skittish.

He's on the no fly list.
      Last edited by Thumper; 11-05-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
        Im over behind the big exotic ranch on Mayer rd. I havent seen anything but does/pets at my place.
        There's some awesome animals in that place.

Comment

Yep, can't hand feed him but he'll stand back 15 yards and watch you fill the feeder-box with corn......

His mother was orphaned by road kill and a neighbor with kid goats took her in, you could hand feed and pet her after she got to know you. All of her fawns are/were a little skittish.

He's on the no fly list.
          Haha, no fly as in "you're not going to shoot" or as in "you're not going to pass on him"? hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Txaggie16 View Post
            Haha, no fly as in "you're not going to shoot" or as in "you're not going to pass on him"? hahaha
            Arrow doesn't fly....

Comment

Arrow doesn't fly....
              I hear that! Good on you!

Comment

Buddy killed a 127" 10 point last week. Another buddy killed a 125" 10 point off another place in Montgomery.

Comment

I just got back from a few days hunting, the acorns are killing me! I saw 2 legal bucks but I couldn’t get them over 3.5, now there’s a 4+ 7 point that probably 10” wide that I could/would have shot every hunt. They’re still chasing but not real hard, hope the 2nd round starts when I go back on the 28th. My target buck hasn’t been on TC since prior to the season, he may be sausage meat. As you can see, I’m not real mad at them, the 2 I passed will probably be shot by the LO and his buds. I’ll keep hunting, I saw a high 130’s buck in December last year but I was tagged out. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                    Buddy killed a 127" 10 point last week. Another buddy killed a 125" 10 point off another place in Montgomery.
                    Nice! Seen better bucks this year than I have seen in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                      I just got back from a few days hunting, the acorns are killing me! I saw 2 legal bucks but I couldn’t get them over 3.5, now there’s a 4+ 7 point that probably 10” wide that I could/would have shot every hunt. They’re still chasing but not real hard, hope the 2nd round starts when I go back on the 28th. My target buck hasn’t been on TC since prior to the season, he may be sausage meat. As you can see, I’m not real mad at them, the 2 I passed will probably be shot by the LO and his buds. I’ll keep hunting, I saw a high 130’s buck in December last year but I was tagged out. Good luck!
                      Just getting around to checking this post again! But Thanksgiving Day I saw a good buck chasing a doe through a pasture. They both ran about a mile and a half, crossed the road and kept going. Best buck I've ever seen around my place. Probably scored high 120's!

Comment

Just got back from hunting 3 days, saw 3 deer total. TC had 120 pics for 16 days, same few does and small bucks along with the older 7 point that needs to be shot, I saw him once this trip but he’s 10” max. Until the acorns sour there’s no need for them to come to the feeders, I may not go back until after Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                          I have a pretty good blood dog if anyone local gets in a bind or needs help
                          Let me know if you need help on that patch. I live right off Joseph road.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                            Just got back from hunting 3 days, saw 3 deer total. TC had 120 pics for 16 days, same few does and small bucks along with the older 7 point that needs to be shot, I saw him once this trip but he’s 10” max. Until the acorns sour there’s no need for them to come to the feeders, I may not go back until after Christmas.
                            Nice. Hopefully this rain will rot them away!

Comment

Just got news that both of my blinds have water in them, may make a trip the last weekend.

Comment

Shot a good one New Years Eve

Comment

Working...
                                X