Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live from Woodbury County, Iowa...(Back in Nebraska 2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
    What's happening this morning? No update in 15 hrs?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I would say a long drive home according to post 436.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
      What's happening this morning? No update in 15 hrs?

I believe yesterday evening was the last hunt for the group. Great hunt to follow as always.

Comment

I see now, pardon my ignorance... Fun follow as always

Comment

Yep, we’ve concluded the Midwest hunt week portion of our trip which typically ends the Friday evening before the Nebraska gun season opener. With the rifles going off in the area, we don’t want to risk being down in the bottoms when everyone is out in the field! We passed several hunters headed to their blinds as we we’re driving out this morning.

We are on the way home now...left the farm a few mins before 6:00 this morning. Lots of snow on the ground all of the way to Topeka, KS.

It would be a shame if we did not mention the annual ceremony where we vote on the annual recipient of the “L/J Wide 10 Trophy” which is passed on from the previous season’s winner. The namesakes of the Trophy (Levi Baur and Jamie Hilton) were taken from this world entirely too soon and while we may never fully grasp the feelings of grief the Baur and Hilton families had to endure that comes with the loss of a child, out of those unthinkable tragedies this group was brought together and now share friendships that are some of the strongest any of us have. I have always had great respect for Jim and Matt for how they took these tragedies and in their sons’ honors, they provided considerable benefits to their local communities in the form of the Levi Baur scholarships and “Jamie’s Place” cancer outreach and support services with Baylor Scott & White.

Fittingly, this year’s recipient was Matt Baur and it was very well deserved. He hosted several families of group members fishing over the summer and always was willing to help out with anything around camp. Congratulations Matt as this was a well deserved trophy this year![emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
            Yep, we’ve concluded the Midwest hunt week portion of our trip which typically ends the Friday evening before the Nebraska gun season opener. With the rifles going off in the area, we don’t want to risk being down in the bottoms when everyone is out in the field! We passed several hunters headed to their blinds as we we’re driving out this morning.

We are on the way home now...left the farm a few mins before 6:00 this morning. Lots of snow on the ground all of the way to Topeka, KS.

It would be a shame if we did not mention the annual ceremony where we vote on the annual recipient of the “L/J Wide 10 Trophy” which is passed on from the previous season’s winner. The namesakes of the Trophy (Levi Baur and Jamie Hilton) were taken from this world entirely too soon and while we may never fully grasp the feelings of grief the Baur and Hilton families had to endure that comes with the loss of a child, out of those unthinkable tragedies this group was brought together and now share friendships that are some of the strongest any of us have. I have always had great respect for Jim and Matt for how they took these tragedies and in their sons’ honors, they provided considerable benefits to their local communities in the form of the Levi Baur scholarships and “Jamie’s Place” cancer outreach and support services with Baylor Scott & White.

Fittingly, this year’s recipient was Matt Baur and it was very well deserved. He hosted several families of group members fishing over the summer and always was willing to help out with anything around camp. Congratulations Matt as this was a well deserved trophy this year![emoji106]

Thank you for that. Ive been around just awhile so never knew this about this particular hunt. Greatness indeed.

Comment

Mocho thanks to Blackjack and Stinson for bringing this hunt live to all us down here at home. Thanks feelers!! It was great reading about your experiences evry day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X