Aggressive Hog Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Dang D-Mo... You dun dug up a old thread and started the super-heroes to postin' all over again!!
    The off season is going to be long . . .

Gary

Comment

One of the spots I hunt is in city limits....someone saw me dressed in camo there once while I was getting out of my truck and reported a poacher....when the game warden showed up and he was done pointing his sidearm in my face and putting me in cuffs I showed him I had written permission from the landowner to be there and we were good after that...he saw my 45 on my hip and asked me why I was carrying a pistol while bow hunting hogs in the summer....I explained It was a last resort to protect myself from an instance taking place like the original poster.....he let me know if i were to have to use my side arm i would most certainly be facing jail time for firing a weapon in city limits...now i have a multipe prong flounder gig i carry with me...doubles as a walking stick...probably wouldnt do me a bit of good, in the heat of the moment but I figure it's better than nothing...when I'm hunting any other property than that particular one I'm always carrying a sidearm...I'm more afraid of a big hog than a gator while duck hunting for some bizarre psychological reason....maybe it's the growling they do that intimidates me ...idk

Comment

They trap hogs around our place in San Saba and put the large boars in a pen by our camp. Last weekend there was 30 in there. They are scared to death of you. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...c-incident.amp

Comment

I have never had an uninjured hog try to charge me, ive had a few give me the eyeball for a minute then go on their way. I have had 2 wounded hogs charge at me and they were not bluffing, both weighed in the 250 range. The first I lung shot with my 222, I caught up to him in a cedar break at about 20 yards, my 3rd shot with my 10mm and 200 grain hardcast stopped him at my feet. The last one my son hit in the lungs with a 223, he should have been dead but just had a will to live. I tracked him into some briars and he came out at about 10 yards popping his teeth, I hit him between the shoulders with a 280 WFN from my 44 magnum. It almost slowed him down, the second one turned him to my left, the third one in the shoulders turned him back to me, the fourth one in the forehead knocked him down but he was still alive. The last one in the earhole did the trick, this was one boar that just didn't want to give up.

Comment

TBH Superheroes Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                One of the spots I hunt is in city limits....someone saw me dressed in camo there once while I was getting out of my truck and reported a poacher....when the game warden showed up and he was done pointing his sidearm in my face and putting me in cuffs I showed him I had written permission from the landowner to be there and we were good after that...he saw my 45 on my hip and asked me why I was carrying a pistol while bow hunting hogs in the summer....I explained It was a last resort to protect myself from an instance taking place like the original poster.....he let me know if i were to have to use my side arm i would most certainly be facing jail time for firing a weapon in city limits...now i have a multipe prong flounder gig i carry with me...doubles as a walking stick...probably wouldnt do me a bit of good, in the heat of the moment but I figure it's better than nothing...when I'm hunting any other property than that particular one I'm always carrying a sidearm...I'm more afraid of a big hog than a gator while duck hunting for some bizarre psychological reason....maybe it's the growling they do that intimidates me ...idk
                So you can legally shoot a person within city limits if they are a threat to your life but you can't do the same for a hog?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Dang D-Mo... You dun dug up a old thread and started the super-heroes to postin' all over again!!
                  Yeah, I went down a rabbit hole looking for something last night and got side tracked.....

sorry, I'm new here.

Comment

this goes for the hogs at the grocery store as well! LOL..

Comment

I have had several close encounters. I have been hit by them a time or two, but thankfully never been injured! Hog hunting with dogs gets you in some sticky situations.

Comment

I’ve had that almost exact same thing happen to me.

Comment

This

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          That'd tick me off. I say go back with a gun and calm them down.
                          Is a fine idea!

Comment

Working...
                          X