Health insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Bills may need to be submitted again as well either by her or the doc... might have come in before the max out of pocket was met.
    try this

We had to do this when my wife gave birth and then our daughter was in the NICU. even though the delivery put us at our deductible because both bills were submitted within days of each other they didn't reflect on the account. Once we resubmitted everything came out how it should

Comment

The issue I run into is when I set up a procedure, the docs office looks at my coverage and tries to charge me like I have not paid anything yet. They come up with a number and try to collect. We shut them down and stand in front of them when they call the insurance company, only to find out I have met my max out of pocket and will owe them nothing. I never pay any medical bills for 2 to 3 months so the ins. co. and billing offices get it cleared up. I pay my deductible usually to my oncologist in early January, and had my moop by april. You can sometimes negotiate some of your out of pocket costs, especially if you have had massive bills.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        The issue I run into is when I set up a procedure, the docs office looks at my coverage and tries to charge me like I have not paid anything yet. They come up with a number and try to collect. We shut them down and stand in front of them when they call the insurance company, only to find out I have met my max out of pocket and will owe them nothing. I never pay any medical bills for 2 to 3 months so the ins. co. and billing offices get it cleared up. I pay my deductible usually to my oncologist in early January, and had my moop by april. You can sometimes negotiate some of your out of pocket costs, especially if you have had massive bills.
        Same with me.
        BCBS has become a rip off.
        Always ask if it is an amended bill.

Comment

I cannot gripe to much about the insurance. Ours is a 90-10 policy with $600 deductible (in network) $4200 max out of pocket. PPO to see docs, and great prescription coverage. We set up a procedure, the day before the dr office calls and says we have not gotten authorization. We call the insurance co, they give us the auth #, and tell us they got it to the drs office 2 days ago. Not sure where the incompetence is, the drs staff, or the insurance co. Very frustrating.

Comment

The plans are not BCBS’s fault necessarily. They are defined by the Obamacare act.
            The deductibles are high. The premiums are high. The coverage is less.

My old grandfathered BCBS plan was much better and cheaper.
            The grandfather period is over and it’s much more with less coverage.

My guess is they are saying after you met your high deductible then she has to pay 20% until the max out of pocket is reached.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
              X