highschool football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    The last 2 games were by far the best!! NS and Duncanville looked more like college lines out there than high school kids. Crazy games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same thing we said. Thirty D1 players were in that one game..[emoji33]...Texas is incredibly talented in football. Even the small schools have lots of D1 talent. [emoji2962]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
      Not sure of the rule but it looks to me like the marker is right on the 45 yard line and it also appears the line judge at the top of the screen is straddling the 45 so I'd say that was the line of scrimmage.

Watching the replay, I can't say that any part of the QB was over the 45 when he released the ball so it looks to me that it was a legal forward pass.

The replay was God sent for alot of the games......great play by all the schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        They said the Longview / West Brook game had 48K in attendance and there were more for the late game but no final numbers.

North Shore pulled it out and yes they were penalized a lot, 10 on their side and 2 for Duncanville which is way outta whack IMO. There were a lot of penalties that I saw that were "missed" against Duncanville.

Regarding the last play, there is so much hype of him being over the line of scrimmage and I would say he was behind it before he released the ball. I was watching the game with 2 college linemen and they both argued that no part of the body must not pass the line. What's the actual rule?

It’s rule 7 in the NCAA football rule book.

provided the pass is thrown from a point in or behind the neutral zone.
        It’s an illegal forward pass if...

It is thrown from in or behind the neutral zone after a ball carrier’s entire body and the ball have been beyond the neutral zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I agree with you 100%, they are looking at the placement of the ball at the snap, about 12-18" short of the 45 yard line, the photo where the center has his hand on the ball. Their argument is no part of the body can cross the line in the throwing motion? I am not sure if that is right. It's splitting hairs. I know it was reviewed and that is all that mattered.
          They are both wrong as far as college goes. The entire body has to be across the line before the pass is released before it is illegal pass. So if just a little toe is still behind the li e of scrimmage before the pass is released it is a legal pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
            Not sure of the rule but it looks to me like the marker is right on the 45 yard line and it also appears the line judge at the top of the screen is straddling the 45 so I'd say that was the line of scrimmage.

Watching the replay, I can't say that any part of the QB was over the 45 when he released the ball so it looks to me that it was a legal forward pass.

Check this picture in the link below where the ball is on the line of scrimmage, maybe 6-12" from the 45 before the snap. He was clearly behind that when he threw the ball.

Comment

Wow.....Just got this from one of the boosters!!!!! She got it from a State Representative!!![emoji631]

Comment

Max Preps just released their final too 25 rankings and ...

Comment

Landrover- What company do you have that sponsors NS?

I am class of 89. When i was there we were so bad that we scheduled a pre-district game with Milby HS each year so one of the two teams would get at least one win each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ-T View Post

I am class of 89. When i was there we were so bad that we scheduled a pre-district game with Milby HS each year so one of the two teams would get at least one win each year.
                    Oscars restaurant Bonfire wings is right past Northshore High school on Woodforest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Oscars restaurant Bonfire wings is right past Northshore High school on Woodforest.
                      Well,.....my wives restaurant....lol![emoji23]
                      We have been scoreboard sponsors of GPISD Athletics for over 10 years. Whenever the monster stadium opened? We also take interns from Northshore & Galena Park. It has been crazy to watch these kids grow up.[emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Russ-T View Post

If you haven’t been there, do yourself a favor and go. I work down the street from Bonfire Wings and eat there when I get a craving for wings or boudain balls or gumbo.

OT does a lot of great things for the North Shore community!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                          If you haven’t been there, do yourself a favor and go. I work down the street from Bonfire Wings and eat there when I get a craving for wings or boudain balls or gumbo.

That's like all 3 food groups together at once!! I doubt I ever find myself anywhere near Houston but if I do I'm gonna hunt that place out!!

Comment

I have had Bonfire. It is great food. Probably the best dry wings I have ever tasted. The Boudin Balls are awesome also.

Comment

Working...
                            X