highschool football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    I guess our corporate sponsorship cost will geaux up again......[emoji2135][emoji2135][emoji2135].......Mustang Fever!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You are definitely a part of the community.

Class of 93.

Go big red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Hail Mary wins it!!!!!!!!! Freakin incredible game. NS CHAMPS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Train View Post
        https://youtu.be/jBGDzGW_ja4

Part of the Post game interview with WT. Heck of a man and coach, and what an inspiration to all of us. Having known him personally and what he’s been through the last several years on a daily basis there is no one who deserves this more than him. Way to represent us here in southeast Texas. WT represents everything right about our coaching profession. Congrats Newton and coach WT.

I wish TBH had a “like” button. I’d hit it about a 1000 times for this post.

Comment

And just like that the 2018 Texas High School football season is over.

Comment

Wow! What a finish to that 6A D1 game!!!! Feel sorry for those Duncanville kids...what an awesome game though!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m sure Duncanville would like to have the first 10 and last 2 seconds back in that one.

Comment

Players and fans of Galena Park North Shore High School broke out into a wild celebration Saturday night when the school’s football team won a Texas state championship game on a 45-yard Haily Mary pass on the last play of the game.

Even made the national news.

Comment

What a ending to the season

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                    You are definitely a part of the community.

Class of 93.

Go big red.

We deaux the Corey Redding camp every summer and it is crazy how many pros help out......even NFL alumni. [emoji458]

Comment

I was there to see my Lobos finally win it. Congrats to my friend John King and the entire Lobo Nation. What a show at Jerry World today. Must have been 50,000 plus.

Comment

The last 2 games were by far the best!! NS and Duncanville looked more like college lines out there than high school kids. Crazy games!

Comment

They said the Longview / West Brook game had 48K in attendance and there were more for the late game but no final numbers.

North Shore pulled it out and yes they were penalized a lot, 10 on their side and 2 for Duncanville which is way outta whack IMO. There were a lot of penalties that I saw that were "missed" against Duncanville.

Regarding the last play, there is so much hype of him being over the line of scrimmage and I would say he was behind it before he released the ball. I was watching the game with 2 college linemen and they both argued that no part of the body must not pass the line. What's the actual rule?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Regarding the last play, there is so much hype of him being over the line of scrimmage and I would say he was behind it before he released the ball. I was watching the game with 2 college linemen and they both argued that no part of the body must not pass the line. What's the actual rule?
                            Not sure of the rule but it looks to me like the marker is right on the 45 yard line and it also appears the line judge at the top of the screen is straddling the 45 so I'd say that was the line of scrimmage.

Watching the replay, I can't say that any part of the QB was over the 45 when he released the ball so it looks to me that it was a legal forward pass.

Last edited by Twist; 12-23-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                              Not sure of the rule but it looks to me like the marker is right on the 45 yard line and it also appears the line judge at the top of the screen is straddling the 45 so I'd say that was the line of scrimmage.

Watching the replay, I can't say that any part of the QB was over the 45 when he released the ball so it looks to me that it was a legal forward pass.
                              I agree with you 100%, they are looking at the placement of the ball at the snap, about 12-18" short of the 45 yard line, the photo where the center has his hand on the ball. Their argument is no part of the body can cross the line in the throwing motion? I am not sure if that is right. It's splitting hairs. I know it was reviewed and that is all that mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                They said the Longview / West Brook game had 48K in attendance and there were more for the late game but no final numbers.

North Shore pulled it out and yes they were penalized a lot, 10 on their side and 2 for Duncanville which is way outta whack IMO. There were a lot of penalties that I saw that were "missed" against Duncanville.

Not sure about high school, but I believe college & NFL their entire body must be part the line of scrimmage before it's illegal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X