No announcement yet.

highschool football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone see the Newton vs Daingerfield game? WOW!!!

I was out to eat in lufkin and lots or Newton fans were there so I semi kept up with it.

79-12 Newton

Apparently they are the #1 small school in the nation

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post

I was out to eat in lufkin and lots or Newton fans were there so I semi kept up with it.

79-12 Newton

Newton has put a bully beat down on just about, if not all, the teams played this year and last. Even beat a couple 4a schools. Won state last year and no doubt will repeat this year. Have 3 seniors going to TCU. May be a few more commits just not sure where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mason defeated Refugio yesterday at the Alamodome. I think the two schools have met four or five times in about as many years. It has become a really good rivalry.
        Go Punchers!
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

79-12 Newton

Newton is unreal good. Until you see them in person you won’t even understand. There will be no one to even give them a game, even at Jerry world! They will win the state championship game by at least 30+. They have 5 D1 commits on the field, and athletes in every position. Loaded is an understatement.

What many people don’t also see.....they could score 100+ every game. Their coaching staff shows a lot of class by not making it it any worse than it has to be. Those 79 points were after just 3 quarters...most games they are scoring 60+ by half time. They are kicking field goals on first down, letting the JV team play the second half, freshman running the ball etc. this is every week.

They have a pretty inspiring story with their team and head coach W.T. Johnson also. They are writing a book about him. Proud of our neighbors to the north and glad to see them enjoying the success, they deserve it!

Comment

Interesting note from last week

Hudson Card is a junior currently signed with Texas.

Comment

Card and LT kicking that Judson D arse...

Comment

Yep. Looks like LT will be sending Judson home

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Card and LT kicking that Judson D arse...

Yep

Short a miracle, it looks like the end for the Rockets.

Comment

Lake Travis wins!!!

Comment

We just got home from The Star. The Highland Park Scots defeated the Tyler John Tyler Lions 41-36, after a 21 run deficit and HP scoring 28 unanswered points in the fourth. The Scots went ahead for the first time with less than ten seconds on the clock, and held on in another nailbiting finish!

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                        We just got home from The Star. The Highland Park Scots defeated the Tyler John Tyler Lions 41-36, after a 21 run deficit and HP scoring 28 unanswered points in the fourth. The Scots went ahead for the first time with less than ten seconds on the clock, and held on in another nailbiting finish!

Holy hell what a turnaround.

Comment

Glad to see LT advance. Very disciplined team.

Comment

Liberty Hill won today ,Face Carthage in semifinals next week

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Holy hell what a turnaround.
                              I’m getting too old for these kinds of games!

Comment

79-12 Newton

They are every year. Back when Franklin was in Div. II, they were always a thorn in our side in the playoffs. We always met in the 3rd round. In 2015, we finally beat them. That's the year we lost to Waskom in the state game. Now that we moved up to Div. I, we don't worry about'em much!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X