This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    IMO Herman needs to win out from here to still call this a successful season.
    Agree. The difference between the Horns and Ags right now is that the Horns are losing to people that I believe they are physically superior to (however they did beat OU who was probably physically equal if not a little better).

The Ags are not getting it done but the people they've lost to are not physically inferior to them, Miss St and Auburn have their share of NFL talent. The lack of mental progress (actually regression) by their qb is proving to be the real issue for them imo.[/QUOTE]

Maryland and Okie State, yes. WVU not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Fix it. They can win out.
      I'm affraid that isn't happening this season, poor gap integrity and bad angles as well as missed tackles have increased from week to week. Needless to say, I don't think Orlando is going anywhere in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        Agree. The difference between the Horns and Ags right now is that the Horns are losing to people that I believe they are physically superior to (however they did beat OU who was probably physically equal if not a little better).

The Ags are not getting it done but the people they've lost to are not physically inferior to them, Miss St and Auburn have their share of NFL talent. The lack of mental progress (actually regression) by their qb is proving to be the real issue for them imo.

Texas Dline and LBs are physically superior to nobody..

Omenihu might be the only one that qualifies on the Dline. Hager and Nelson not so much. Hager is not built to hold double teams so the LBs can flow. Nelson is but he's nothing in pressuring the QB. LB Gary Johnson is fast as hell but small....and neither he or Leadfoot Wheeler can shed blocks the Dlineman can't hold for them. Wheeler couldn't run down a sloth standing knee deep in molasses.

But everbody has an opinion I guess
        Last edited by Smart; 11-05-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          I'm affraid that isn't happening this season, poor gap integrity and bad angles as well as missed tackles have increased from week to week. Needless to say, I don't think Orlando is going anywhere in the offseason.
          Is Orlando or the players or both? What's happened?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok then maybe they get they bounces as opposed to them going to the opponent. Tighten up Sam's chin strap. Win Big 12 style.....58-56.

Fans on Facebook pages are calling for Orlando to be fired. Early in the season he was the greatest D coordinator in history. LOL.

Comment

Silver lining?

Comment

I thought Texas had a good defense last year. This year has got to be disappointing to the Texas fans

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                  I thought Texas had a good defense last year. This year has got to be disappointing to the Texas fans
                  The opposite was true last year. The O was terrible and drove fans crazy.

People forget rather quickly. Fanatics. LOL. The D lost a lot to the NFL. Several players left early. Prior to the start of the season we expected the D to be "not be as good" as last year. A couple of good games with great play from true freshmen gave us false hope.

Perhaps both can be good in 2019? I think the O is certain to be. In Sam I trust.
                  Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-05-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Aggy sure loves them some Alabama.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I don't know if the Ags love Alabama, but pretty sure they don't like Murray because he decided Aggie land wasn't for him.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      Had a pretty solid defense last year, and yes, it's disappointing. Lost 3 studs to the nfl last year, but the problem is bigger than that. LB squad just simply isn't developing, DL is inconsistent at best. We have some true freshman studs in the secondary, but freshman gonna freshman, and they have done that a lot the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                        Had a pretty solid defense last year, and yes, it's disappointing. Lost 3 studs to the nfl last year, but the problem is bigger than that. LB squad just simply isn't developing, DL is inconsistent at best. We have some true freshman studs in the secondary, but freshman gonna freshman, and they have done that a lot the last few weeks.
                        Sterns doesn't seem very good in run support. That last pass......wth?

Comment

The opposite was true last year. The O was terrible and drove fans crazy.

People forget rather quickly. Fanatics. LOL. The D lost a lot to the NFL. Several players left early. Prior to the start of the season we expected the D to be "not be as good" as last year. A couple of good games with great play from true freshmen gave us false hope.

Perhaps both can be good in 2019? I think the O is certain to be. In Sam I trust.
                          Congrats on the deer Bob!

I agree, Sam has played very very well since Maryland/Tulsa. O should be solid moving forward. D needs work, new blood.

Comment

Sterns doesn't seem very good in run support. That last pass......wth?

Can't believe Jones injured his ankle in the hotel before the game. Wonder if he'd have made a difference......

That's the kinds of stupid arse bad luck I was talking about earlier in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X