SD card reader questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD card reader questions

Wanting to buy 1 for myself and some for Christmas gifts. Been on Amazon reading reviews and it appears that all of the different types have problems based on the reviews. Questions: Do the one's that require Aps need good internet access to work? There are several that say they don't require Aps, but some users say they take for ever to download. Do these readers require iPhone memory to be able to read the card or do they read directly from the card to be able to view the photos? I don't have good internet access at my place, spotty from several stand setups. Also, my iPhone does not have a ton of memory left. Would I be wasting money on these things?

I use the stealth adapter for my SD cards and plug in to my iPhone. Just download the i-EasyDrive app and your golden. No cell service at my lease but can still view pics. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
      I use the stealth adapter for my SD cards and plug in to my iPhone. Just download the i-EasyDrive app and your golden. No cell service at my lease but can still view pics. Love it.
      Ditto.....but android version

Comment

I looked at this one because of the cost. The negative reviews concerned me. However, everyone of these products regardless of cost or maker for sale on Amazon have some negative reviews that say they are junk and don't waste your money. If I pull a card with 500 pics on it, am I going to be able to see these things without waiting an hour to download? 1 review on this model I believe said that if there were more than 35 pics, just forget it due to slow download speeds.

Comment

I have that one. Downloaded 1000 pics in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
            I have that one. Downloaded 1000 pics in a minute
            Really! Wow, that's what I'm wanting. This one does not require an Ap, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
              Really! Wow, that's what I'm wanting. This one does not require an Ap, right?
              No. Very simple to use.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                No. Very simple to use.
                Ok, think I'll give this one a try. Thanks for the information. I appreciate.

Comment

I have had good luck with BoneView. First time you plug it in it gives a link to download an app called Photo Fast. After you have the app no internet connection is needed. I have it on both my iPhone and my IPad. What I like about BoneView is you don’t have to download all the pictures onto your device before viewing. I don’t want to download hundreds of worthless pics onto my device.Once plugged in you just flip through the pics and if you want to save one just click a couple buttons and it is saved to your device “camera roll” or whatever album you select.
                  Last edited by jerp; 10-28-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I have had good luck with BoneView. First time you plug it in it gives a link to download an app called Photo Fast. After you have the app no internet connection is needed. I have on both my iPhpne and my IPad. What I like about BoneView is you don’t have to download all the pictures onto your device before viewing. Once plugged in you just flip through the pics and if you want to save one just click a couple buttons and it is saved to your device “camera roll” or whatever album you select
                    Appreciate the info John, but I just bought 2 of the other models Beatleguy recommended.

Comment

Look at lowdown card reader. That’s all I use now.

Comment

the wife got me the wildgame innovations sd card reader last year for christmas. pretty cool features, but def not worth the 65 bucks she paid for it

Comment

Doesn't this one require you to download all of the pics to your phone in order to view them?

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                            Doesn't this one require you to download all of the pics to your phone in order to view them?
                            Yes. I download them to a trail cam file. View them then delete the ones I don’t want

Comment

Working...
                            X